Android Need details on: Samsung GS3 stock firmware (India)

ankushv

Adept
I Have tried cm 10/11/12 on my s3 , s4 , galaxy y , nexus 7 , Samsung tab 2 redmi 1s , moto e , moto g .
Just FYI , I am back to stock from on all of the above with no lag or any complaints .
BTW. I hear that the Facebook app is a memory hog and any device with less than 1 gb memory and touch wiz rom lags with it except the near stock Android Motorola phones with 1 gb rom .

vaibhavyagnik

youtube.com/vaibhavyagnik
Adept
Lag is most definitely some lag. The lag when trying to open facebook and dialer app is enormous from when I was on CM11. However the battery drain on CM11 and CM12 were crazy. On CM12, once I charged my battery to 100% and went to sleep with mobile data/wifi on. Waking after 6 hours I discover my battery at 35%. 65% in 6 hours with 0 screen on time is just crazy

vaibhavyagnik

youtube.com/vaibhavyagnik
Adept
CM11 was pretty good in terms of speed. Only gripe was stand by battery drain with was close to 10-12% per hour and the annoying cannot connect to camera error. flashed stock rom. Its not as fast but with google now launcher and third party dialer I can live with it. The camera WORKS now! no more trying to get everybody to hold still while a open up media server killer to get camera working or after shooting 3 minutes, the camera crashes without saving video and all ask show the video. I will be like :oops:.

On the downside, music stutters while playback, partially solvable by poweramp and setting buffer to highest.

Aces170

ex-Mod
CM11 was pretty good in terms of speed. Only gripe was stand by battery drain with was close to 10-12% per hour and the annoying cannot connect to camera error. flashed stock rom. Its not as fast but with google now launcher and third party dialer I can live with it. The camera WORKS now! no more trying to get everybody to hold still while a open up media server killer to get camera working or after shooting 3 minutes, the camera crashes without saving video and all ask show the video. I will be like :oops:.

On the downside, music stutters while playback, partially solvable by poweramp and setting buffer to highest.
Too many issues in that case for it to be a daily driver. Cm12.1 on mi3 has got better with the kernel now aggressively closing applications, which has resulted in a much better stand by drain.