CPU/Mobo Need for a Motherboard Recommendation / Comparison Thread

cybermantas

Disciple
A basic preliminary look around is enough to convince most people that intel is a better recommendation than AMD for Cpu + mobo combo (above the basic 10k+ mark ofcourse)...

Even within intel, the choice is fairly simple for CPUs... i3 2100 or i5 2320 / 2400 or i5 2500K if you want overclocking...

Where even a decently seasoned buyer might get stuck is with motherboard comparisons between h67 / p67 / z68 , with respect to features, and what is the maximum bang for the buck keeping in line his requirements (O/c, Discrete gfx, quick sync, SSD SRT tech etc...) ... and add on top of it, you have multiple board manufacturers (Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, Asrock) with a wide range of offerings...

Do you guys think that someone (@Alpha17 and @thegatekeeper come to mind, excuse me for missing any of the other regular helpers on this forum) could make a decently comprehensive list for recommendations based on price brackets and requirements combined with various CPu combos ? It isnt as daunting as it sounds, cos essentially, if you guys are only recommending 5-6 motherboards (ok, maybe 10) ... it is still a simple matter of making a table (10 x 10 matrix maybe?).. or just a simple text based roundup of some mobos in some categories would be of great help... I have spent quite sometime researching mobo offerings by all these 4 players, but cant make up my mind given I have spent only just about a month at this...

What do you guys think ?

Actually, as easy as it sounds, its more difficult as we need to factor in availability, then pricing, not to mention layout of ports and most important of all, RMA...

Forgive me for saying so, but aren't those exactly the kind of criterian which one wants to know when looking for a motherboard ? So, whenever a recommendation is done, the people giving recommendations take all those things into account...

Unless you are suggesting that these factors (availability and pricning being the top of this list) change more frequently than even on a monthly basis (which IMHO should be the case), then it should be allright...

Basically, its like the PC buying guide that gets updated every quarter on average... the motherboard thread could have a longer update frequency...

I may be pushing the point, but its only because I think it could be quite useful...

Intel LGA 1155 Chipset comparison:

Capture-2.jpg

....hope thats a start.

<

Back