Budget 0-20k Need Help Buying a Monitor

PunkX 75

Adept
Hi!

So in a few weeks I'll be upgrading my current monitor, which is this - https://www.amazon.in/Acer-Features-Bluelight-Flickerless-Comfyview/dp/B09LD7Z9JH/ref=sr_1_4?crid=39MIYDHS2YJWF&keywords=acer+monitor+24+inch&qid=1684772142&sprefix=acer+monitor+24+inc,aps,226&sr=8-4&th=1

Now my budget is not more than 20k (which is already stretching it), and I was looking at a few options. Help in this regard, would be appreciated.

1. This LG Ultragear 27" - https://www.amazon.in/LG-Ultragear-...2e3-a343-0329fedea70d&pd_rd_i=B09GW8JFCQ&th=1
  2. This BenQ Mobiuz 27" - https://www.amazon.in/BenQ-EX2710S-...2e3-a343-0329fedea70d&pd_rd_i=B09BJVZVTB&th=1
  3. A renewed LG Ultragear 32" (which I've seen go for 19K, but don't know if worth the risk of getting renewed) - https://www.amazon.in/Renewed-LG-Ul...b40-42e3-a343-0329fedea70d&pd_rd_i=B0B3NN4YVV

I know whichever would be a huge upgrade for me, regardless. Picture quality matters most to me. 1080P is fine, since that's better suited for my 5700XT. Couple of criteria to keep in mind:

1. Should be at least 27"
  2. At least 144 Hz
  3. Great picture quality

I'm no monitor expert, and any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated! I mostly play all genres of games.

EDIT: I've also heard this is a good option, but out of my budget - https://www.amazon.in/Acer-Splendor...6e7-89de-c188d4ce2656&pd_rd_i=B0B5PQYLSQ&th=1

Last edited:
Sorry but your budget and criteria don't make sense. A 27 inch 1080p montor is a complete waste of money, 1080p upto 24 inches is fine but the minimum for 27 inches is 1440p, anything less than that an the ppi is not good enough to invest money on. 1440p monitors below 20k are only possible 2nd hand and during sales. If you can extend upto 22k you can get the Acer one but then again your graphics card won't be able to handle it. Do rethink your upgrade again, don't think an investment into the monitor is worth it with your current setup

Sorry but your budget and criteria don't make sense. A 27 inch 1080p montor is a complete waste of money, 1080p upto 24 inches is fine but the minimum for 27 inches is 1440p, anything less than that an the ppi is not good enough to invest money on. 1440p monitors below 20k are only possible 2nd hand and during sales. If you can extend upto 22k you can get the Acer one but then again your graphics card won't be able to handle it. Do rethink your upgrade again, don't think an investment into the monitor is worth it with your current setup
I'm considering the Acer one. I guess I can get away with lower settings on my 5700XT in games (or lower the resolution when needed). But for day-to-day use, I guess the Acer makes more sense.

With HDFC CC or amazon CC, XV272U KV is effectively 21k. It is a great monitor for the price for both gaming & content creation, just check its rtings.com review. FSR2 is good & you can use it at 1440p quality mode to make the game render resolution near 1080p & then it will be upscaled. For most of the relatively new heavy games, 1080p is the resolution for 5700XT, but still there are many games which will run at 60+ fps at 1440p on 5700XT as well.

Else, as mentioned earlier, get a 24" 1080p 144Hz monitor, if you want to save money. Gigabyte & LG have good IPS options for 14k or so.

about acer xv272u kv, theres a renewed version available
get it asap before it goes out of stock , only issue is the warranty, which is 6 months compared to default 3 years
I recently RMAd two Acer monitors. I had to open a ticket on their website, and was never asked invoice, only the Serial Number + photos of dead pixels. So I'm guessing you might get the full 3 year warranty on it.

But what you should think about when getting renewed items on Amazon is why was it returned by the original customer: if it had defects like light bleed or dead pixels, can you return it as well? If yes, you can give it a try I suppose.

yea , you can definitely return it, might have to haggle with amazon support a bit, but return is always on cards. So as you are budget constrained, go for this, if you are lucky, then you might just hit the jackpot.
also after getting it, do confirm from acer site about how much warranty you have left

I recently RMAd two Acer monitors. I had to open a ticket on their website, and was never asked invoice, only the Serial Number + photos of dead pixels. So I'm guessing you might get the full 3 year warranty on it.

But what you should think about when getting renewed items on Amazon is why was it returned by the original customer: if it had defects like light bleed or dead pixels, can you return it as well? If yes, you can give it a try I suppose.
I'm wary of renewed monitors, especially when in your case, you had to RMA two monitors. I don't want that hassle to save 3-4K
With HDFC CC or amazon CC, XV272U KV is effectively 21k. It is a great monitor for the price for both gaming & content creation, just check its rtings.com review. FSR2 is good & you can use it at 1440p quality mode to make the game render resolution near 1080p & then it will be upscaled. For most of the relatively new heavy games, 1080p is the resolution for 5700XT, but still there are many games which will run at 60+ fps at 1440p on 5700XT as well.

Else, as mentioned earlier, get a 24" 1080p 144Hz monitor, if you want to save money. Gigabyte & LG have good IPS options for 14k or so.
I read the rtings.com review, which is why I'm considering the Acer. No 24", I'm done with that size.

I guess my 5700XT should chug along fine at 1440p, until the end of the year (which is when I will upgrade the GPU). I can still max out most games at 1080P ultra (70-ish in TLOU, 80-90 ish in RE4 remake, and so on). So I can pull off medium at 1440p, at least. + there's always FSR2. I should also mention that I WFH, so all the more reason.

Last edited:
I'm wary of renewed monitors, especially when in your case, you had to RMA two monitors. I don't want that hassle to save 3-4K

I read the rtings.com review, which is why I'm considering the Acer. No 24", I'm done with that size.

I guess my 5700XT should chug along fine at 1440p, until the end of the year (which is when I will upgrade the GPU). I can still max out most games at 1080P ultra (70-ish in TLOU, 80-90 ish in RE4 remake, and so on). So I can pull off medium at 1440p, at least. + there's always FSR2. I should also mention that I WFH, so all the more reason.
If GPU upgrade in on the cards, Acer XV is an easy choice.

I have Acer XV too. Very nice monitor, well thought out. 27 1080p would likely look ugly.
Has usb ports on the side which is much more useful for something like external disk. Has software control too. More colorful than my last one. Bright enough and brightness actually makes a difference in games ( did not know that, used to run at 50% always in previous one as 100% is too high for desktop ). Can use software to switch brightness and other things easily instead of buttons.
Better to have high refresh monitor even if you cant hit 170fps, good to atleast have an option for future gpu upgrades. My last monitor is still running for 10+ years. And if you can run on higher fps, then you get better motion clarity, less blur. Only thing missing is proper HDR which you don't get at this range. + has ips glow which is to be expected.

Last edited:
I have Acer XV too. Very nice monitor, well thought out. 27 1080p would likely look ugly.
Has usb ports on the side which is much more useful for something like external disk. Has software control too. More colorful than my last one. Bright enough and brightness actually makes a difference in games ( did not know that, used to run at 50% always in previous one as 100% is too high for desktop ). Can use software to switch brightness and other things easily instead of buttons.
Better to have high refresh monitor even if you cant hit 170fps, good to atleast have an option for future gpu upgrades. My last monitor is still running for 10+ years. And if you can run on higher fps, then you get better motion clarity, less blur. Only thing missing is proper HDR which you don't get at this range. + has ips glow which is to be expected.
How is the color calibration/presets out of the box?

It looks great, but i am no expert. Go through rtings review. It is calibrated out of box.
Just for reference after you buy, I use Color Space = 'General' and 'Normal' color temp, which i think is 7500k. I think most of the stuff i have kept at default.

Also note, that initially there was a bug with brightness being low, some reviews may state so. But that is already fixed. Just make sure 'Max Brightness' setting is On.

And here is another review

Back