need help deciding Vacuum cleaner. Karcher WD3 or bagless?

First time buyer please suggest guys. should i go with karsher wd 3 with rodak dust bag? paper catridge also costs 1k.

If i should go with bagless model please provide suggestions.
Budget is 6 to 8k.

Dry cleaning would me sufficient for me

Using WD3 for more than a year. Use it for Car and some time house corner. Happy with it.

Regarding Paper Cartridge, you can reuse by tearing at one end, remove all the accumulated garbage/dust and then pasting it back :)

Using 2 units of WD 3 for my home since March 2016. They are largely used for vacuuming the carpeted floor, blowing the dust off the nooks and crannies in the house and for cleaning the couches. Been happy with them, both work great so far. I bought the paper bags and change them once they are filled in.

Been using Karcher bagless water filter vacuum cleaner for an year and half now. The dust accumulates in water tank and all you need to do is dump the dirty water.

Had used many vacuum cleaners in the past, starting from a 15 year old BPL Cloth bag vacuum to Eureka Forbes wet and dry, Black and Decker cyclone vacuums. Nothing comes close to the continuous suction capacity and ease of emptying dust than this gem of a vacuum cleaner.

Karcher DS 5.800 900-Watt Water Filter Vacuum Cleaner https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00B17I14S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_M88wAb0Y21P79

I understood what you said, what i am saying is that instead of re using the paper dust bag by cutting you can simply use the cloth dust bag(re usable) from the link posted above.
It does not look like it will work with Karcher WD3
2f15218faeaebebd9f75a86dde7d19e4.jpg

Been using Karcher bagless water filter vacuum cleaner for an year and half now. The dust accumulates in water tank and all you need to do is dump the dirty water.

Had used many vacuum cleaners in the past, starting from a 15 year old BPL Cloth bag vacuum to Eureka Forbes wet and dry, Black and Decker cyclone vacuums. Nothing comes close to the continuous suction capacity and ease of emptying dust than this gem of a vacuum cleaner.

Karcher DS 5.800 900-Watt Water Filter Vacuum Cleaner https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00B17I14S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_M88wAb0Y21P79
Cheapest water filter vacuum is 25k ?

This thing needs spares
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kärcher-2-860-273-0-Filter-Vacuum-Cleaner/dp/B00B17JFPC

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kärcher-6-295-873-0-vacuum-cleaner-supplies/dp/B00RP3CMQA

See the prices!! air filter needs to changed every 6 months. Liquid is necessary for every use

What it is like to actually use this thing

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/customer-reviews/R2ZYZIK3PP91KI/

Seems like an honest review which is a rarity with products like these

https://www.amazon.in/gp/customer-reviews/R16GUMNLQONZMQ

Local review, seems he cant find spares easily

If Karcher surprises me (after seeing this negative review0 and is willing to put these parts under some sort of warranty - even 1 year will do) then this will be the best machine on the market . As of now - it's the worst, because it's sooooo costly, works for 3 months, then breaks down.

Last edited:
Cheapest water filter vacuum is 25k ?

This thing needs spares
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kärcher-2-860-273-0-Filter-Vacuum-Cleaner/dp/B00B17JFPC

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kärcher-6-295-873-0-vacuum-cleaner-supplies/dp/B00RP3CMQA

See the prices!! air filter needs to changed every 6 months. Liquid is necessary for every use

What it is like to actually use this thing

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/customer-reviews/R2ZYZIK3PP91KI/

Seems like an honest review which is a rarity with products like these

https://www.amazon.in/gp/customer-reviews/R16GUMNLQONZMQ

Local review, seems he cant find spares easily

If Karcher surprises me (after seeing this negative review0 and is willing to put these parts under some sort of warranty - even 1 year will do) then this will be the best machine on the market . As of now - it's the worst, because it's sooooo costly, works for 3 months, then breaks down.

After reading all the reviews, it makes me wonder if they had actually used the machine regularly or posted the reviews for the sake of it.

• The Indian review that I had noticed, I'm not judging the owner, but it does seem abused.
  • The suction release slider is pretty well built, it makes me wonder how they broke it.
  • The image in which the water repellent filter looks damaged, it clearly shows misuse.
    The water tank needs to be seated properly before the outer lid is locked into place.
    It looks to me like, the water tank was not seated properly and they might have used force to lock the outer lid which resulted in filter damage.

It's been close to 10 months since I bought the DS5, I don't find the need to change any filters and I'm a pretty heavy user.
  • The suction is still pretty strong and in fact it is so strong that it literally sticks to the floor tiles and takes quite an effort to lift the floor brush if you don't use the suction release slider.
    Frankly, in all these years of usage, I have never changed any vacuum filter.
    Whenever they get choked, I just blow clean them and then clean with a brush if required.

• Coming to the anti foam liquid that is supposed to be used for every clean cycle.
    I couldn't find it locally and have been using the machine without it.
    Frankly I don't find the use of it as the dirty water in the tank never foamed in my case.
Coming to the type of vacuum to buy. I think it depends on one's usage.
As I said earlier, we had a Eureka forbes vacuum cleaner where we wouldn't empty the dust tank for a week or two.
Emptying the tank and cleaning the cloth bag is the biggest hassle as the fine dust just spreads like anything.
It is a nightmare to empty the tank if you live in an apartment.

Paper bag vacuums work best if you have a good supply of bags.
You can just use it for weeks and then dump the bag and use a new one.
But spare bags availability is the biggest issue here.

Also the type of vacuum to buy depends on the frequency and the size of floor space that you want to clean.
There is no point going for a bigger vacuum cleaner when you would just use it occasionally.
Cyclonic/Bagless vacuums are much more convenient and practical for light usage.

I'm just sharing my honest review after using different types of vacuum cleaners for more than a decade.
It is the practical inconveniences with canister/dust bag vacuums that led me to replace one after another till I settled down with bagless vacuums.

Yes, even I was paranoid in the initial days of ownership regarding the reliability of DS5, blindly trusted as it is of Karcher make and the results were fruitful.
The point that I'm trying to make is, when one is spending over 10k on a vacuum and are not using it for commercial purposes, then bagless is way more convenient and practical.
If someone is willing to spend premium for that extra convenience then DS5 is much better option.

The biggest advantage of DS5 over the vacuums that I had used till now is the peak sustained suction. No matter how long you use it continuously, it still has strong suction.
With the other vacuums I used to do the cleaning in sessions as the filters get choked or the tank gets full.

And btw I got my DS5 for 14.6k in a lighting deal.
Screenshot_20180122-182011_01.jpg

Last edited:
  • Coming to the anti foam liquid that is supposed to be used for every clean cycle.
    I couldn't find it locally and have been using the machine without it.
    Frankly I don't find the use of it as the dirty water in the tank never foamed in my case.
See the British review, which says

You need the anti-foam liquid for every use, otherwise the dirt will get to the filter and destroy it in one run. Somebody already reported that it breaks every use, wonder why. Even with the proper fluid you have to change both filters every six month. These are not cheap.
If you leave the dirty fluid it will rot and smell, probably ruining the whole container. You will need a toothbrush to clean the filter every single time. Cleaning the tank and the filter is a mess, the anti-foam fluid makes the dirt sticky. Vacuuming will lead to a toilet and bathroom cleaning for sure.

Is it safe to g on without that fluid. The part that annoys me is you can't find extras locally. It's like these buggers bring machines, make their cuts and then dump you.

And don't forget, this is made by a German cleaning industry professional. Every part is accessible and serviceable, or at least available to buy. You will be surprised how close you can find a Kärcher dealer and service, with most accessories and parts from the shelf. No Korea and Taiwan "no need for spares since impossible to open without ripping to splinters" nonsense!
It means you have to get it from Germany because the local guy doesn't want to hold inventory

It is a nightmare to empty the tank if you live in an apartment.
agree which is why the idea of no bags is enticing.

Paper bag vacuums work best if you have a good supply of bags.
You can just use it for weeks and then dump the bag and use a new one.
But spare bags availability is the biggest issue here.
Stupid sellers that won't hold inventory end up killing the product.

The amount of burden this puts on a buyer to verify before buying whether consumables are available !!! something the OP needs to keep in mind

Whenever i see products with consumables and the seller does not offer them , i give them a one star review for just not caring. If i'm using amazon to buy why should i have to scrounge around after

It is the practical inconveniences with canister/dust bag vacuums that led me to replace one after another till I settled down with bagless vacuums.

The point that I'm trying to make is, when one is spending over 10k on a vacuum and are not using it for commercial purposes, then bagless is way more convenient and practical.
If someone is willing to spend premium for that extra convenience then DS5 is much better option.

The biggest advantage of DS5 over the vacuums that I had used till now is the peak sustained suction. No matter how long you use it continuously, it still has strong suction.
With the other vacuums I used to do the cleaning in sessions as the filters get choked or the tank gets full.

And btw I got my DS5 for 14.6k in a lighting deal.
10k less :)

Sometimes i see people comment they get returned products so i'm wary about these lightning deals. Or even when a seller posts the cheapest price out of say five or ten offers. I'm not thinking good deal there but the seller wants to unload something fast for whatever reason

Last edited:
It does not look like it will work with Karcher WD3
2f15218faeaebebd9f75a86dde7d19e4.jpg
Yes i too found these reviews so havent ordered them. Placed order for wd3 on amazon will see how many weeks can the bag last and accordingly place the order for the original bags.[DOUBLEPOST=1516692530][/DOUBLEPOST]Thank you all for suggestions. will update my intial impressions after receiving the product

Back