Need help from Malaysia

nRiTeCh

Skilled
Anyone visiting Malaysia or someones relatives who are returning from Malaysia, I need some help regarding ordering tiny stuff.
Please comment or dm me.

For what it's worth, I've never been customs for orders from Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia or Indonesia — my orders were between 5k an 15k. Could be some kind of SAARC agreement. Parcels came in through the post office.
The site doesn't ship outside Malay hence looking for someone who can get it from there...

For what it's worth, I've never been customs for orders from Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia or Indonesia — my orders were between 5k an 15k. Could be some kind of SAARC agreement. Parcels came in through the post office.
kahan the tum ,give me some site which ships some good mechanical keyboards and some good electronic stuff equivalent to aliexpress

For what it's worth, I've never been charged customs for orders from Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia or Indonesia — my orders were between 5k an 15k. Could be some kind of SAARC agreement. Parcels came in through the post office.

edit: a word
None of those countries is in SAARC. They are all ASEAN though which we are not part of.
kahan the tum ,give me some site which ships some good mechanical keyboards and some good electronic stuff equivalent to aliexpress
heh, i see some business opportunities opening up for people in neighbouring countries :)

Etsy has both strong seller and buyer protections. There's no guarantee required on the seller's part for your order to reach you — they just need to prove that they sent it out with a photo or tracking number. Customs are your responsibility but I've never had customs on anything I've ordered from Etsy or other Shopify shops from those countries, even when the customs declaration form shows the package is worth over $100.

I always ask that the package is sent through EMS or Post and the sellers easily agree to it. My local post office is also a FPO so they have large xray machines to flag packages and a business office for exports but I've never been charged customs. The same post office charged 40+% customs on a book from the UK and motherboards from the US.

Etsy has both strong seller and buyer protections. There's no guarantee required on the seller's part for your order to reach you — they just need to prove that they sent it out with a photo or tracking number. Customs are your responsibility but I've never had customs on anything I've ordered from Etsy or other Shopify shops from those countries, even when the customs declaration form shows the package is worth over $100.

I always ask that the package is sent through EMS or Post and the sellers easily agree to it. My local post office is also a FPO so they have large xray machines to flag packages and a business office for exports but I've never been charged customs. The same post office charged 40+% customs on a book from the UK and motherboards from the US.
This is correct. Parcels sent through EMS/Post are less likely to be charged customs (although no guarantee) and it depends on the country as well. UK. US and any other western first world nation tend to get charged customs more according to my experience.
I remember reading the aliexpress thread and they talked about the chinese sellers on ebay shipping from balkan nations and about how odd it is where they have their warehouses all over the world which is actually not true. They use a shipping technique which is called triangle shipping, which basically means there's an intermediary country between the exporter<middle<importer and where a new shipping label is created after it's reaches the intermediary country stating it is being shipped from here which helps with customs too (but again no actual proof of it working consistently)

Sorry for diverging off OP's question
I tried searching for an agent like the ones that are available for China like superbuy, pandabuy etc but not too sure really
However I did find this reddit user who seems to provide a parcel forwarding service himself

Good to know.. Do we need to immediately message/contact the seller just after placing the order to mention about couriering the stuff via EMS/post ?
Do we get a full-fledged tracking from the seller to end delivery?
And usually how long does the item takes to arrive in India?

This is correct. Parcels sent through EMS/Post are less likely to be charged customs (although no guarantee) and it depends on the country as well. UK. US and any other western first world nation tend to get charged customs more according to my experience.
I remember reading the aliexpress thread and they talked about the chinese sellers on ebay shipping from balkan nations and about how odd it is where they have their warehouses all over the world which is actually not true. They use a shipping technique which is called triangle shipping, which basically means there's an intermediary country between the exporter<middle<importer and where a new shipping label is created after it's reaches the intermediary country stating it is being shipped from here which helps with customs too (but again no actual proof of it working consistently)

Sorry for diverging off OP's question
I tried searching for an agent like the ones that are available for China like superbuy, pandabuy etc but not too sure really
However I did find this reddit user who seems to provide a parcel forwarding service himself
tringle shipping is true . when aliexpress used to ship to india i did get my wifi card shpiped via a singapore po box rather than china.
Good to know.. Do we need to immediately message/contact the seller just after placing the order to mention about couriering the stuff via EMS/post ?
one of my friend even bargained via chatting on aliexpress and understood how they (sellers) use various method to bypass customs and he did mention we do that but order will take time

one of my friend even bargained via chatting on aliexpress and understood how they (sellers) use various method to bypass customs and he did mention we do that but order will take time
I had a chat with Ae sellers few months ago and none was interested shipping to India. And again do not want to risk as if anything there's no way of a refund no Ae guarantee like earlier.

I had a chat with Ae sellers few months ago and none was interested shipping to India. And again do not want to risk as if anything there's no way of a refund no Ae guarantee like earlier.
I use eBay. Com and still buy from AliExpress as long as the seller is willing to ship and accept paypal, I did try to buy something via a Malaysian site, a few months back. But no shipping options and through a deep search of ebay got the item i needed within the max price (I was willing to pay)

I use eBay. Com and still buy from AliExpress as long as the seller is willing to ship and accept paypal, I did try to buy something via a Malaysian site, a few months back. But no shipping options and through a deep search of ebay got the item i needed within the max price (I was willing to pay)
Ok so Ae sellers on ebay you mean?

See this..
1663859728771.png

I dont know what all gets covered in that Rs. 1416 delivery charges but they separately mention Additional duties and taxes my apply.

I dont know what all gets covered in that Rs. 1416 delivery charges

That's only courier/postage charges — customs, if assessed, would be done on the Rs 1700 amount.

Shipping is decided by the seller, not Etsy, so you'll see varying rates starting from completely free.

I first try to find items with free shipping that deliver to India:

Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 10.49.29 PM.png

If that doesn't work then I narrow down shops in those asian countries one by one:

Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 10.51.21 PM.png

It is Etsy's default policy that a seller does not cover the cost of customs duties, so it's unlikely that you'll find a seller that will pay for customs no matter how much they charge for shipping.

Finding a good seller with reasonable shipping rates is a lot like needle in a haystack kind of task.

The default Etsy policy for sellers is no refunds after order is placed, so message them before you place the order.

Depends on how much you're paying and how much the seller is charging. Most free delivery options have no tracking number so it ends up being a waiting game until the postman shows up and it's a 'Chitthi Aayee Hai' moment. Unless if the seller specifies there's a tracking number, there's no tracking number. Most tracking options end at your local sorting hub or post office.

Most items arrive in three weeks.

Back