Need help in debugging mobile app (Android)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musicate

Recruit
Hi there! I am developer of an Android app that allows users to mix songs from device and YouTube.
The app is called Musicate and can be found in Play Market: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teempsie.musicate

The thing is that YouTube search does not work for users in India, Pakistan, Indonesia and Thailand, as I can observe many
empty playlists with no songs at all and many negative reviews regarding broken YouTube functionality.
The interesting part - it works absolutely fine for European users and I myself cannot find out what is going on.

The algorithm is simple: app sends HTTP request to YouTube and gets a response containing all the stuff YouTube puts in it,
then it tries to parse song titles, artists and durations using regular expression (REGEX).

I need somebody that would install the app from Play Store and explain what exactly happens on the screen with YouTube
search. As I tested, there might be different behaviors depending on the bug origin. Then, there would be two scenarios:
1. I would send you some experimental builds regarding this problem and check whether its gone.
2. I make a build which sends the YouTube response data to my cloud server to investigate it further.
This process in sum would take ~10 to 30 minutes of your time.

I can verify my ownership of the app through sending you a message from official email or showing some internal stuff
from database about your activity. I could not find anybody because everyone just assumes that I want to scam them
(of course, who else would ask to install some suspicious app). I can pay you for your time and effort (preferably BTC).

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back