Budget 21-30k Need help in deciding on GPU purchase.

X0th3rm1k

Disciple
Hello, fine people of TE. After scouring the market for a decent GPU in the last 4 months, I have finally found a GTX 1650 that's not at an exorbitant price - 20K. The local seller I got in touch with also has a 1650 OC, which is 23K. And yes, this is first hand. Currently, my PC build has a R5 3600, 16 GB RAM, and a 550W PSU. The only component missing is the GPU. I will be primarily using it for 1080p gaming, and while this wasn't my first choice of GPU ( I was initially looking for a 1070 or 1080) the current shortage has made me quite distraught as I'm unable to really use my very first PC build. I currently have a gaming laptop with a i7 8750H and a 1060 6GB which I've been using for the last 2 years as a gift, which allowed me to save up money for my build.

Is it a good idea to purchase the 1650 now, considering the current situation with GPUs?

It's me again, lol.
What's the price of 1650S there now, locally? Able to find it for around 25K or is it more?

Last edited:
Hello, fine people of TE. After scouring the market for a decent GPU in the last 4 months, I have finally found a GTX 1650 that's not at an exorbitant price - 20K. The local seller I got in touch with also has a 1650 OC, which is 23K. And yes, this is first hand. Currently, my PC build has a R5 3600, 16 GB RAM, and a 550W PSU. The only component missing is the GPU. I will be primarily using it for 1080p gaming, and while this wasn't my first choice of GPU ( I was initially looking for a 1070 or 1080) the current shortage has made me quite distraught as I'm unable to really use my very first PC build. I currently have a gaming laptop with a i7 8750H and a 1060 6GB which I've been using for the last 2 years as a gift, which allowed me to save up money for my build.

Is it a good idea to purchase the 1650 now, considering the current situation with GPUs?
wait for a month or 2. you will save money and value too...

Oh hey. And the person I spoke to doesn't have a 1660S, only a 1650 OC for 23K
After the lockdown check in SP road shops, if safe. You'll get an idea of the current prices. At the end of March, 1650S was 23K-25K there and 1650 was around 16.5K.
If you can hold, then wait a month or two. If things don't improve, can buy something then.

After the lockdown check in SP road shops, if safe. You'll get an idea of the current prices. At the end of March, 1650S was 23K-25K there and 1650 was around 16.5K.
If you can hold, then wait a month or two. If things don't improve, can buy something then.
I think I will end up waiting for a month then.

U don't want a GTX 1650 , trust me. U already have a 1060 in your laptop , 1650 is a mere 5-8% better than 1060 . U wudnt really enjoy that 23k spent and still getting similar frames to your 1060 , wait it out . Get atkeast a GTX 1660super later

U don't want a GTX 1650 , trust me. U already have a 1060 in your laptop , 1650 is a mere 5-8% better than 1060 . U wudnt really enjoy that 23k spent and still getting similar frames to your 1060 , wait it out . Get atkeast a GTX 1660super later
Yeah, I've decided to wait it out. Man, I wish things weren't like this.

I don't think this market is going the end of this year, if you find a good deal don't hesitate to go ahead with it, NVIDIA will be coming out with a 50 series card very soon definitely, but who knows what the availability scene would be, I had the golden opportunity to buy a 3080 Gaming X trio, for 72k in December, by now I would have mage most of my money back on that card, but I thought I'll save some money by buying the FE card, now I cant even buy a 3060Ti for that money. I'm now stuck with a 2080Ti that has crazy amounts of coil whine.

Back