Monitors Need help in finding a monitor (Ultrawide 1440p fast IPS 144+Hz)

napstersquest

Thread Police
Adept
I am a software engineer by day, gamer by weekends/evenings.

I currently own an LG 27GL850 (2560x1440 nano IPS 144Hz) and I love it. Also have an LG 22MP68VQ (1920x1080 IPS 75Hz) in vertical orientation alongside.

I wanted to give ultrawides a try, without compromising on the gaming performance.

But none of the LG's 1440p ultrawides with IPS displays and 144+Hz refresh rates are available in India, even after launching more than a year ago (some launched 2 years ago).

Only option I see is the Acer panel that meets my requirements, but the reported viewing angles are not that great, and I feel it will be a downgrade on gaming performance for me.

Is there any monitor I am missing? Or it just sucks for Monitor availability in India?

Alienware AW2321DW is way out of my budget. Even if I decide to get it on long term EMI, it is OLED and I have stationary windows most of the time during the day so burn-in will definitely happen.

I already have a 4K HDR TV for watching content, so main use will be dev work + gaming on this one. Don't have place to put a 34" ultrawide + a gaming monitor (by using two different tables etc.

Bump.

Saw the Benq Zowie one for 70K. Is it really worth double the money for some extra width over the 27GL850?
Was in the same boat some time back.
Had the Acer Predator 27 inch IPS and switched to a Samsung 32 inch VA - did not like the switch at all. Tried a 34 inch curved IPS at a friend's place and really liked it but was on the expensive side - He had the ROG version and i could not justify that much amount for casual gaming. I am not restricted for space so i have a separate multi-monitor setup for work.
But in your case, my suggestion would be to go for the single ultrawide IPS since you would be using it for both dev work + gaming.
Not much help with the zeroing in of the monitor but thought i'll have my two cents in because i very well know the dilemma.
And yeah it's sucks that we do not have too many options.

Pulled the trigger on the Benq Mobiuz Ex3415R,
What i like so far
  1. No doubt, being an IPS panel i liked the colors OOTB have not done any calibration. Comparing this to my Samsung Odyssey G7 - which has a VA panel.
  2. The aspect ratio - 21:9 is a novelty and enjoying it so far.
  3. Comes with a remote which is handy IMO, instead of feeling for the buttons under the bezels.
What i don't like (on relative experience)
  1. This is a nit pick and not limited to this monitor alone. Coming from a 32 inch i feel the vertical height is a bit wanting.
This is what i have on a week's usage.

Had an ultrawide (34), returned it and replaced it with a normal 32 inch 4k display. I use a custom scaling factor to best utilize the vertical real estate of 2160 pixels (which is very important for me). This issue alone, of having lesser vertical height on the 34 inch (1440 pixels) is an absolute deal-breaker for me.

OP, did you find anything? Want to change my monitor but not seeing any good options available.

Nope. Still rocking the 27GL850 + 22MP68VQ pair.

Can't get around paying 70K+ for similar gaming performance + some extra ultrawide space when I purchased the 27GL850 for 33K.

Any new options that I could've missed?
If you're ok with sacrificing vertical height and still looking for a 34-inch gaming monitor there are a few options out there-
Acer Xv340Ckp- Good IPS panel, some downsides are the lower peak brightness at 250nits, slightly poor viewing angle (owing to a flat panel), and may have backlight bleed like any other IPS.
HP X34- Improves upon the Acer counterpart with better brightness at 400nits. (I believe comes close to the EX3415r)
Apart from these two, there are couple more VA panels but I would steer clear from them because of poor viewing angle, and response time.
The best 34-inch panel other than QD-Oled and WOLED out there is this. The only monitor I know of using it is Aoc AG344UXM. Which has a Mini-LED backlight with an IPS panel and HDR 1000 certified. But it's very hard to find and would cost similar to Alienware QD-Oleds. I hope other companies like Acer, Gigabyte, or HP take this panel and make a monitor at a lower price.
To keep track of 34-inch panels this site would help- https://www.panelook.com/sizmodlist.php?st=E9&pl=&so_attr=&sizes[]=3400&st=E9&by=desc&st=E9&by=asc

Also runs a secret eatery called Kaka ka Dhaba :woot:
url(1).gif

Back