Disciple
Currently having a System with Configuration Below:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600G
PSU: Cooler Master Bronze Rated 450 Watt
Ram: 16 GB DDR4
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 DS3H
Storage: 1 TB 7200RPM & 500GB Sata SSD

My work includes Video Editing,Encoding & Use of Adobe Lightroom

I am thinking to add Nvidia T600 or GTX 1650 as GPU to my Current System. I don't do gaming but system is on everyday for almost more than 9-10 Hours (High Intensive Tasks)

Want to know whether I will need to upgrade PSU as well or 450 Watt Power will do the Job?

Also need to know whether it's worth spending 10K extra for GTX 1650 against Nvida T600?

T600 is on par with 1050 I believe and is way below 1650 on performance. This one is a very basic workstation card.

I checked youtube for benchmarks but can only find gaming benchmarks.... I don't need it for gaming, Need it for work like 1080P Video editing,Lightroom & Other graphics related work.

Getting T600 at 12k & GTX 1650 at 22k so was thinking whether it's worth spending 10K extra for GTX 1650 or not

Not really. Even if the price difference was 5k you shouldn't see much different in video editing workloads. I suggest pointing some of the funds you'll save on the T600 into getting larger SSD storage. NVMe SSDs of 1TB or more would be a good option for video editing workloads as you'll (probably) be moving large amounts of high resolution footage and having high capacity fast storage will save you a lot more time than a 1650 vs T600.

In case you haven't heard, there are PSU calculators which can give you an idea of how much wattage you would require. They are not 100% accurate but should be good enough to guide you in buying a new PSU. As you can see this one calculate your build to consume around 246 Watts meaning your 450 Watt PSU is more than enough for your build.

Attachments

• Screenshot (125).png
    Screenshot (125).png
    256.7 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
In case you haven't heard, there are PSU calculators which can give you an idea of how much wattage you would require. They are not 100% accurate but should be good enough to guide you in buying a new PSU. As you can see this one calculate your build to consume around 246 Watts meaning your 450 Watt PSU is more than enough for your build.
In that case if you would have helped with the link it could have been better...

Speaking from experience, get a 500 - 600W PSU. My reasoning for this is that:
1. We live in India. Power fluctuations happen and I've seen them as the biggest killer for hardware and PSUs.
2. Leave some headroom, just in case you end up overclocking / adding new hardware (new CPU / GPU / additional fans or coolers) / above reason.

In that case if you would have helped with the link it could have been better...

I didn't give the link as there are multiple calculators out there and one might be better in some ways and vice versa. Anyways, the one I screenshot is from this website :

Outervision's calculator doesn't seem to have 5600g and Newegg's calculator is inaccurate for GTX 1650 for example :D.

outervision by cooler master is best to find out our PSU requirements. I follow this before buying any PC. Now also checked between 2060 Vs. 6600XT as both consume the same wattage.

Back