Need help in upgrading my system

nj_gamer

Adept
Hi All,

I will be upgrading my system soon, as you can see my config is in my signature... I want to upgrade my RAM, GFX card and get a 1TB HDD.
These are the questions in my mind.
1)Since i'll be selling my 8600GT and the 2x1 GB 667 DDR2 RAM sticks, How much would i expect from them? I assume that the warranty in the 8600GT is over since it's been 3 years since i bought it.And the RAM still is under warranty
2)For the GFX card i'm in a dilema to choose b/w the ATI 4850 or the Nvidia 250 GTS. Since my budget for theGFX card is ~7K. I am more biased for the ATi card as its cheaper and the performance is the same.
3)Also my motherboard chipset is Nvidia 650i Ultra, so is it true that i should choose a Nvidia card only or is it a rumour that the ATI card will underperform in an NVidia chipset?
4)Which 1TB HDD do i choose? I'm looking at the WD Green with 64 MB Cache. It costs ~3K and that is my budget
5)I'll be upgrading to a 4GB DDR2 RAM so any suggestions on that? I would prefer a VFM RAM.

I will be buying the compoents from Bangalore, and my Overall Budget is ~12-13k, considering i get around 4K for my GFX Card + RAM

Regards,
-Nj

It is said that on-board south-bridge may interfere with your add-on GFX if they are of not same make, ATI or nVidia. GTS 250 will not come at that cost, it costs around 7.5k.

i dont think that youll be able to get more than 3k for gfx + ram

for hdd get seagate !

for card try 5750 hd , it will permorm just like the 4850 maybe a little less , but is dx11 and runs cooler and consumer less power ! you should be able to get one for 7.5K or so !

http://www.techenclave.com/dealers-paradise/power-color-unleash-gaming-power-best-169441.html

Get the HD5750 from Rahul. usually PowerColor carries 2 years warranty but seems a special deal and his stocks have 3 yrs warranty :D Price is also sweet at Rs.7550 :eek:hyeah:

The HD5750 is slightly better than the 1GB HD4850/GTS250.

techPowerUp :: Powercolor HD 5750 PCS 1024 MB Review :: Page 30 / 34

So considering all the advantages of the HD5750 like lower power consumption, DX11, competitive price its a clear winner.

@aercy
i didn't get you, the part about nvidia or ati... how do i check on that?
@buddingwhizkid
thanks a lot for the suggestions.... thing is i'm not really keen on DirectX 11, i just want pure performance within 7.5K. Thats why i had narrowed it down to HD4850 and 250GTS, as the reviews say HD4850 performs better than a HD5750. thing i'm concerned about is running an ATi card on a Nvidia chipset.

@DarkAngel
Thanks for your suggestion, i will certainly look into it... It seems to be a good deal and a card. I was just worried about the chipset and card being of different vendors/competitors.Thanks a lot :)
@tech_savy

Back