Graphic Cards need help regarding ati4850

varoom3

Disciple
Hi guys,
iv recently upgraded my pc to
phenom x3 720BE(runnin on stock speed)
asus m4a 78 EM
2gb ddr3 ram(i will add another 2gb soon)
500W VIP(i knw:( but i dint get any branded psu so gotta setled for tis)
i am going to buy palit 4850 512mb card soon so will my psu support tis card
nd will i be able to play games like gta4,nfs shift,far cry 2,crysis on high resolution with tis rig nd card......

first and serious change your psu to atleast gigabyte 460w or vx 450w and then think of upgrading further.

BTW you still are risking your new machine on that psu

Dont buy Palit version of 4850 as Palit has stoped making ATI cards,,,,wat u get will b of old stock,,,,:no:

Buy either Sapphire or XFX....both r equally Good brands.........

do not buy palit ATi cards since there have been so many failures of the same.

ATi has discontinued Palit (and the whole Palit group including Gainward) as their Partner due to lack of quality testing approval issues and for not following ATi's guidelines regarding manufacturing of their cards. (still searching for the proper source link that i came across a while ago)

Edited:

Source

/OT

Although one more point missing in that is, Palit group (including Gainward) never sold their GDDR5 equipped 4850s without any qualification and approval. Although many perceive it as anti-competition from AMD, it is more about cheating the customer and AMD for modification without approval. (If design Fails = AMD fails, if design wins = Palit wins, AMD and all othe ATi partners Fail)

/*OT

PS: Mods can part the discussion to a separate thread if necessary.

thank u guys for the suggestions .....iv decided to go with xfx card nd gigabyte psu...:)

sorry sapphire card:)

hey guys one more thing.. how is power safe psu (in case i dont get the gigabyte one)....

or coolermaster

powersafe and vip are basically the same.

avoid cooler master extreme power series..

stick to the gigabyte and get corsair cx400 incase that is not available.

i have a XFX 4850 1 gb version... plays almost all games in 1920x1080 resolution with aa. And 1600x1050 with aa.

+ u can buy zebronics pro 550 ( 2550), which is gr8 VFM( have it too )

Back