Budget 31-40k Need help to build PC

articles2004

Disciple
Hi all,

Basically Iam looking for a pc which will let me play games like GTA IV & be ready for GTA V (too much of an ask with 40K, is it?).
I do play games likes sniper elite v2, mafia 2 & assassins creed 2. I already have a studio laptop in which Ive tried playing all of these but only ended up getting fantastic fps ranging 10 to 20 :(

Btw, I hope to use the pc as a stand alone computer which helps me in daily coding practice & gaming on weekends (so atleast 1TB internal hard disk)

Q: What is your budget?

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
None

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
None

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
Leave it all to your expert advise. (Btw, I keep reading in forums that ASUS allows one button click overclocking)

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
No

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Hyderabad/ Chennai
Open to online purchase

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
Yes

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Practice office work on weekdays
Gaming on weekends

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
None

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
GTA 4, Mafia 2, assassins creed revelations

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
Gaming - 1280x728
Desktop - 1440x900

Q: Are you looking to overclock?
Yes

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
No preference

In toto, build is left to your expert opinion.
Just few suggestions from my side:
1) If possible I would like to delay buying the graphics card till Jan (gaming eating into my study);
2) I need atleast 1TB hard disk;
3) Need info on everything (case, wiring) that are needed to complete the PC (saw few just mentioning overall specs).

Tks all for the trouble,
SK

Hi all,

Basically Iam looking for a pc which will let me play games like GTA IV & be ready for GTA V (too much of an ask with 40K, is it?).
I do play games likes sniper elite v2, mafia 2 & assassins creed 2. I already have a studio laptop in which Ive tried playing all of these but only ended up getting fantastic fps ranging 10 to 20 :(

Btw, I hope to use the pc as a stand alone computer which helps me in daily coding practice & gaming on weekends (so atleast 1TB internal hard disk)

Q: What is your budget?

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
None

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
None

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
Leave it all to your expert advise. (Btw, I keep reading in forums that ASUS allows one button click overclocking)

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
No

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Hyderabad/ Chennai
Open to online purchase

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
Yes

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Practice office work on weekdays
Gaming on weekends

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
None

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
GTA 4, Mafia 2, assassins creed revelations

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
Gaming - 1280x728
Desktop - 1440x900

Q: Are you looking to overclock?
Yes

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
No preference

In toto, build is left to your expert opinion.
Just few suggestions from my side:
1) If possible I would like to delay buying the graphics card till Jan (gaming eating into my study);
2) I need atleast 1TB hard disk;
3) Need info on everything (case, wiring) that are needed to complete the PC (saw few just mentioning overall specs).

Tks all for the trouble,
SK

Hi @articles2004, welcome to TE and hope you have a pleasant stay.

About your query off 'capable of playing GTA V', it is a bit far-fetched with the current scenario, also as gaming seems to be eating time from studies I think you should focus on that and save up till January, after that buy a better RIG OR you can spread your purchases over time and buy in this order --

Cabinet + SMPS (purchase now)
hard-drive and / OR SSD + UPS (near future)
processor + motherboard + RAM ~ (January -->March time frame and depending on your available options)
graphics card + miscellaneous devices ~ (last)

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back