Need help to connect a system to net Via anoyher having acess to net

K.......... I may be knowing the keyword that I am supposed to do here, (i.e. Bridging)

But dont know the process EXACTLY.........

Scenario is something like this.........:huh:

1) One my system`s motherboard has 2 Lan ports, now I have connected one of my port to the Modem(Nokia c2210)....... Which is configured in PPPoE mode... And The Connection type is BSNL 500 COMBO PLUS Plan.... So, in this way it is actually this system(my stem) which is connected to Internet.

2) Now, I have another system that I want to connect to internet....

3) Now, Since my modem don`t have extra LAN port, and I am in no mood of buying a new switch or router..... As I want this arrangement only for 1 month....:huh:

4) So, What I did I connected the other system using a LAN cable to my system(one actually and directly connected to net) which had an extra lan port(as mentioned in the first place)..............
Now, though the sharing of data and all is working quite fine here.....
But I am not able to access internet on the other system.....

5) So, can you tell How can I connect another system to net under this arrangement...........Please Explain and be descriptive...

My System has - Windows 7 RC x64 installed.........:hap2:
Another System has - Windows Vista Ultimate x86 Installed with SP2.:hap2:

If giving Links of Manuals Try and Giving specific exact LINKS to modules satisfying the given specification....;) ;)

Help shall be well welcomed, :clap: :clap:

Right click on your net connection and enable sharing of the internet connection. On your other system, run the network setup wizard and all should be fine.

I didnt got that..... Seriously Hawa bhi nahin Laagi....

Kaha right click karu, kahi bhi right click nahin kar paa raha hoon...

I am having Win 7 installed on my system(i.e. one connected to net)

And Windows Vista Ultimate on Another System....

So, can you please be more specific and descriptive here....

I dont understand in Short Message System methods.... So Please try to be more descriptive here....

For win 7:

Go to Network sharing centre. Click on change Network adapter settings. Right click>properties of your lan connection (the one that's connected to the net). Go to sharing tab and enable sharing.

There's a link there to a help document on Internet connection sharing. Read that and you're set. Post if you need more clarifications.

Edit: Right click your network icon in your system tray and click on Open Network sharing centre to reach the same.

Back