CPU/Mobo Need help with CPU red light

nsas02

Disciple
Hey guys,

I have gigabyte 450 aorus pro wifi mobo with R5 3600 since Dec 2020. I've been using them ever since, no issues. Last used my PC on Friday and shut it down around 830PM. I tried to turn ON the Saturday night and it wouldn't turn on and i can see Red light glowing on the board from which I understand it means CPU malfunction.
Nothing was changed since Friday, the CPU was not even moved. Really don't know what happened. Searched through some forums and I understood that the problem could be either Mobo or Processor. I suspect it could be Mobo as the number of processors failures I've seen are very very small.
Now, luckily I bought both the Mobo and Processor from in store, at same time.
Shop name: Delta Peripherals, Chennai
Chennai guys would definitely know about this place as they're renowned.
Few points before I ask my doubts.
- I've registered Mobo on the site when I bought it. I still have the product registration email.
- CPU, GPU and other cooling fans spin fine when turned ON
- Tried by removing few rams and checked
- other components: Antec 750 smps, 2070S, 24G of Ram, 2SSS, 1HDD
- Neither I nor my friends have compatible Mobo or processor to actually check which component is having issue

Now that I'm entirely not sure about the RMA process, should I contact the store first and request them to help me with RMA, like help me to identify if its Mobo or processor? Or should I do it on my own?

Has anyone bought from the same store and have experience in in-store RMA?

Or should I assume it's the Mobo and directly contact gigabyte for RMA?

Or, anything else that I should check on my own before proceeding with above points?

Any help guys, pls, any help would be appreciated.

Hey guys,

I have gigabyte 450 aorus pro wifi mobo with R5 3600 since Dec 2020. I've been using them ever since, no issues. Last used my PC on Friday and shut it down around 830PM. I tried to turn ON the Saturday night and it wouldn't turn on and i can see Red light glowing on the board from which I understand it means CPU malfunction.
Nothing was changed since Friday, the CPU was not even moved. Really don't know what happened. Searched through some forums and I understood that the problem could be either Mobo or Processor. I suspect it could be Mobo as the number of processors failures I've seen are very very small.
Now, luckily I bought both the Mobo and Processor from in store, at same time.
Shop name: Delta Peripherals, Chennai
Chennai guys would definitely know about this place as they're renowned.
Few points before I ask my doubts.
- I've registered Mobo on the site when I bought it. I still have the product registration email.
- CPU, GPU and other cooling fans spin fine when turned ON
- Tried by removing few rams and checked
- other components: Antec 750 smps, 2070S, 24G of Ram, 2SSS, 1HDD
- Neither I nor my friends have compatible Mobo or processor to actually check which component is having issue

Now that I'm entirely not sure about the RMA process, should I contact the store first and request them to help me with RMA, like help me to identify if its Mobo or processor? Or should I do it on my own?

Has anyone bought from the same store and have experience in in-store RMA?

Or should I assume it's the Mobo and directly contact gigabyte for RMA?

Or, anything else that I should check on my own before proceeding with above points?

Any help guys, pls, any help would be appreciated.
did you reset the cmos and tried with other psu ? for RMA you will directly go to the service center. store will take more time and don't know if they will entertain it or not.

did you reset the cmos and tried with other psu ? for RMA you will directly go to the service center. store will take more time and don't know if they will entertain it or not.
I tried removing the cmos battery for few mins, reconnected it and tried. Still same. I do not have another psu to check. But, when i hit the power button I could see both cpu and gpu fans start to run.

I noted one more thing. I removed the gpu and ram and tried to turn ON. Still it shows red light on CPU. No red light indication on Ram or gpu. Isn't that weird

Took the entire case to Gigabyte service. They wouldn't even touch it. Had to get a screw driver from them, disassemble the PC, take out the Mobo alone and gave it to them for RMA. Have asked me to call after a week. Let's see

Took the entire case to Gigabyte service. They wouldn't even touch it. Had to get a screw driver from them, disassemble the PC, take out the Mobo alone and gave it to them for RMA. Have asked me to call after a week. Let's see
That's pretty shitty..In Mumbai I've seen them test standalone boards with cpus and ram on their bench.. hope things work out for you.

Last edited:
That is terrible, whats the reason for such behaviour?
Stupid human nature. All they wanted was to get the bare mobo and process the RMA. They must have thought diagnosing and wasting time is not worth it.
Also in-case anything else is wrong with the machine they shouldn't be liable for it so they wanted the customer to do the disassembling himself and hand over the mobo only.

Happened with me for MSI as well in Nehru Place, Delhi. After all the fuss they denied warranty because for some reason it was beyond 3 years since manufacturing date but I had my invoice which was still under 3 years by a couple months. Had to fight them for it but the Kaizen service center guys were very rude and were making me wait couple weeks for just an approval of RMA. The issue was just a corrupted BIOS flash. My work was so critical I had to buy a new mobo. It was a cheap A320 board so I let it go.

Before you remove that processor, watch this video.

I wish I had watched it before removing mine for the 1st time. Thankfully there were no damages. Apparently this occurs a lot.

Stupid human nature. All they wanted was to get the bare mobo and process the RMA. They must have thought diagnosing and wasting time is not worth it.
Also in-case anything else is wrong with the machine they shouldn't be liable for it so they wanted the customer to do the disassembling himself and hand over the mobo only.

Happened with me for MSI as well in Nehru Place, Delhi. After all the fuss they denied warranty because for some reason it was beyond 3 years since manufacturing date but I had my invoice which was still under 3 years by a couple months. Had to fight them for it but the Kaizen service center guys were very rude and were making me wait couple weeks for just an approval of RMA. The issue was just a corrupted BIOS flash. My work was so critical I had to buy a new mobo. It was a cheap A320 board so I let it go.

My RMA experience with Kaizen in Nehru Place, Delhi was super smooth. Back in 2016/2017. Corsair PSU died. They gave me a new one on the spot, no questions asked (sort of. or so I remember).

That's pretty shitty..In Mumbai I've seen them test standalone boards with cpus and ram on their bench.. hope things work out for you.
There was such a bench, but then they denied to check my Mobo in my presence saying engineer is not available.

Got back the board after 20+ days. Asked them to check the board in front of me, they obliged and showed me that all ports are working fine.
When asked about the issue they said they just re-flashed the latest BIOS and no repair work has been done.
Came home and installed everything and it works fine now. I'm still not sure how a BIOS update could fix the issue in a PC that i've been using for past 8 months.

Got back the board after 20+ days. Asked them to check the board in front of me, they obliged and showed me that all ports are working fine.
When asked about the issue they said they just re-flashed the latest BIOS and no repair work has been done.
Came home and installed everything and it works fine now. I'm still not sure how a BIOS update could fix the issue in a PC that i've been using for past 8 months.
gigabyte i guess has dual flash , there is a power supply method from which you could force motherboard to boot from secondary bios or the boarrd automatically boots from secondary bios if primary bios is corrupted

Back