Budget 41-50k Need Help with New PC Build for Data Analysis and AI Work - Budget ₹35-45k

amitb

Disciple
**What is your budget?**

- ₹35-45k

**What is your existing hardware configuration?**

- Keyboard, mouse, monitor, wifi/bluetooth USB dongle are available but open to ideas.

**Which hardware component are you looking to buy?**

- CPU
- Motherboard
- RAM
- Graphics Card: Plan to add later
- CPU Cooler
- Storage
- Power Supply
- Case

**Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future?**

- Plan to add a high-end GPU in the next 3 months
- Might upgrade to a 4K monitor in the future

**Where will you buy this hardware?**

- Preferred Websites: Amazon.in, Flipkart, Gameloot, PrimeABGB etc
- Open to online purchase

**What is your intended use for this PC/hardware?**

- Data crunching in Excel
- Running SQL queries
- Visualization in PowerBI
- Some AI/ML work
- VR gaming

**Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.**

- No specific brand preferences, looking for the best value for money and least maintenance.

**Are you looking to overclock?**

- No

**Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?**

- Windows 10/11

**Any other specific needs?**

- PSU and case should support future upgrades
- A quiet PC would be nice
- No RGB coloring needed

**Additional Questions for the Community:**

1. Given my budget, what CPU and motherboard combination would you recommend for my use case?
2. Should I prioritize AM4/AM5, DDR4 or DDR5 RAM, considering future-proofing and my budget?
3. Any recommendations for a reliable power supply unit that can support future GPU upgrades?
4. What case would you suggest that offers good airflow and future upgradability?
5. Are there any specific brands or models you recommend avoiding based on your experience?

My current PC is old and can't keep up with my tasks. I’d greatly appreciate any build suggestions or insights!

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Are you including the future high-end GPU and 4k monitor in this budget? This budget is barely enough for just a decent CPU + board + RAM for excel data crunching and AI/ML work, forget having a 4k monitor and a GPU that can support VR gaming.

IMO, you need to reconsider either your budget or your requirements.

This. You'd have to hunt for deep-discount sales and used parts to build one under the given budget.
Some AI/ML can be easily down with 6-8gb nvidia cards.
Around 35-45k, DDR4 is the only option that can barely satisfy the requirement. I've seen some PCs being sold on gameloot which you've mentioned. There are some decent options but the warranty period and using sub-par motherboards and PSU are a dealbreaker. I'd suggest going with bronze PSU (based on LLC) and a motherboard with heatsinks for the VRMs.

I suggest spending a bit more and going for this:
futureupdgrade 63k.png

https://pcpricetracker.in/b/s/94b26453-bc6f-40b2-87bd-ec562e4bcd0f

If you plan to add a high end GPU a 12VHPWR connection from an atx3.0 psu is good plus the atx3.0 compliance is also good. If you choose to put a high end GPU in a machine running an AM4 processor you will surely bottleneck the GPU that why I highly suggest going for an AM5 build, it also helps in future proofing the build a lot. The case suggested is alright for a normal build but if you want more room and better airflow I suggest going for the Montech Air 903 Base/Max whichever one you find cheaper.

Are you including the future high-end GPU and 4k monitor in this budget? This budget is barely enough for just a decent CPU + board + RAM for excel data crunching and AI/ML work, forget having a 4k monitor and a GPU that can support VR gaming.

No way, I'll add the GPU and monitor later. This is only for CPU board and ram
I suggest spending a bit more and going for this:
View attachment 200821

https://pcpricetracker.in/b/s/94b26453-bc6f-40b2-87bd-ec562e4bcd0f

If you plan to add a high end GPU a 12VHPWR connection from an atx3.0 psu is good plus the atx3.0 compliance is also good. If you choose to put a high end GPU in a machine running an AM4 processor you will surely bottleneck the GPU that why I highly suggest going for an AM5 build, it also helps in future proofing the build a lot. The case suggested is alright for a normal build but if you want more room and better airflow I suggest going for the Montech Air 903 Base/Max whichever one you find cheaper.
Thanks so much
I've decided to bump my budget to 50k. Any suggestions @Kaching999 please advise

Last edited:
I've decided to bump my budget to 50k. Any suggestions @Kaching999 please advise
Not sure if that is possible currently, I the build that I suggested is already is pretty much the least you can spend to get a good price to performance ratio and be able to add a high end card in the future.

Not sure if that is possible currently, I the build that I suggested is already is pretty much the least you can spend to get a good price to performance ratio and be able to add a high end card in the future.
Absolutely not.

You said above "if you go for an AM4 you'll surely bottleneck the GPU". IF that is correct (and I'm not saying it is), the cost of reducing the spend right now is potentially somewhat limited performance in the future. But it does NOT mean that what you posted is the minimum.

I was planning to buy a CPU worth atleast 45-50k multi thread CPU benchmark , budget seems to be around 30k for CPU. What config you could suggest please!

if you go for an AM4 you'll surely bottleneck the GPU
If going for a "high-end" GPU an AM4 cpu will definitely be a bottleneck atleast the one available at a comparable price and imo spends that kind of money on a last gen platform doesn't make sense as future proofing of a build is also important. An AM4 cpu might get by in multi threaded workloads but it will get absolutely crushed by any AM5 cpu in single threaded workloads.

But it does NOT mean that what you posted is the minimum
What would you suggest that is a minimum given that the actual performance capability of the machine won't be hindered?

multi thread CPU benchmark , budget seems to be around 30k for CPU
If looking purely for multithreading the intel 13700k should be good and under budget but the problem is that there have been power issues with intel CPUs lately with the cpu crashing due to silicon degradation. Although it has mostly been seen to occur in cases of the i9 CPUs but it may extend to the i7 CPUs as well in the future.

Last edited:
Back