Monitors Need help with settings for my Viewsonic VX2235wm 22 inch LCD

Neville25

Disciple
Hi,

I just bought a viewsonic VX2235wm LCD Monotor. I was under the impression that it would give me better movie resolution & size then my 17 inch monitor. But the movies dont look too good on this monitor. Especially the black color.

Can someone pls help / guide me to make my settings right.
Thanks

^If you mean a different forum, you need to end your life, end it now.The mods will shift this thread to the right section.

As for the question, as nVidiaBeast said, check if your using DIV or D-Sub.Also check the screen resolution on your gpu driver.

You will need to calibrate the colors, use these settings that Eazy's posted in the other thread, they work fine for me .... besides regular divx movies will look a bit inferior, to truly enjoy it get some HD movies.

btw are you comparing it with a 17" CRT ?? ... if you compare any lcd panel with crt the blacks will never be the same

Eazy said:
To see out the full capability of the monitor try some 1080p videos - here is a link to some legal downloads of 1080p music videos. Look for the Blue HD label below the pictures before downloading.

Vuze - Search Content

720p & 1080p look same on all lcd's (17"-22") below 24inches :p

true 720p actually looks better on 17"-22" ws lcd's :D

Udit said:
720p & 1080p look same on all lcd's (17"-22") below 24inches :p

true 720p actually looks better on 17"-22" ws lcd's :D

I have a couple of Music Videos in 1080p and these definately to me look much better than those I have which are 720p. Maybe the Videos themselves are better shot - unless I have the same Video in both formats I would not pass a final judgement on this :)

Thanks for your help.

Now to answer you all:)

1. Iam not using DVI so i guess its the regular dsub ism using.

I have a GEForce 7100 GS so would i be able to use DVI on that? Pls help with that.

2. Iam sorry I did not know where to post. Iam more of a reader of this site then a poster but needed help urgently as I got this monitor just last night & it killed all my expectations.

The screen resolution iam using is - 1680 x 1050.

3. Thanks theXfactor. Iam gonna use Eazy's settings as soon as I finish writing this mail:)

4. Thanks Eazy iam gonna download some movies now from the link u sent.

The main reason I bought 22 unch was to watch movies. Would the dealer take this monitor back & should I go for 19 inches??:(

Hey thanks. I did find DVI. & the movie quality has improved 100%.

Iam now enjoying my Kill Bill movies for which I had bought this monitor;)
Sorry if I sounded like an idiot;) Thanks for your help.

Neville25 said:
The main reason I bought 22 unch was to watch movies. Would the dealer take this monitor back & should I go for 19 inches??:(

The 22" TN panels are much better than most 19" TN panels imo ... it would be a downgrade :no: ... btw what 17" monitor are you comparing it to ??

Back