Storage Solutions Need help with SSD

captivating

Disciple
Hi guyz I am posting the screenshots of my used samsung ssd evo 830. Can you guyz help me whether the ssd is working absolutely fine and has no issues.?

Attachments

• ssd.jpg
    ssd.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 165
  • samsung.jpg
    samsung.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 160
Looks all peachy to me :) (looks good) some small value for "wear leveling" (see Raw values list) which is normal in the first screenshot.

Second screenshot, I'm not sure but the performance may be OK for that drive, just search online whether the speeds are matching other people's based on which SATA mode you are using.

Performance looks to be pretty "on par" for that model and it's age (SSDs slow down over time). Does have bad sectors that have been wear leveled out, so it is showing it's age. Probably not an emergency, but definitely have a backup and replace it when it's in the budget to do so. If you don't over time you'll find it getting slower and slower. Eventually the size will start to shrink when it runs out of good areas to replace the failing memory nodes (you'll get a S.M.A.R.T. fail when that happens).

Oh ok , so how long will this ssd last.?? and how many bad sectors does it have. I brought 3 days ago from ebay and might want to return it .

Well, it's used up 5% of the available free space from wear leveling. It's not a ton, but that can start to snowball as it ages and drop faster and faster.

If you just bought it and they didn't mention the SMART status, I'd probably consider a refund. Personally I'd never buy a used SSD either, as they are a bit more disposable than HDDs.

Back