Need Hindi Font for Office 2007

raksrules

Elite
I have office 2007 installed on my office computer and need Hindi font to display hindi text. Can anyone please provide me the same.
Please provide links and if possible attach the font here. I am in office and chances are that most of the download websites are blocked but if attached here i will be able to download. Also let me know where do store this dont file. I am on windows xp pro.

Office 2007 should have come with "Arial Unicode MS",

During office installation select "Inernational Fonts" and it is installed. Another font is installed for devnagari content "Mangal". Check it and let me know.

PS: Both are unicode (Open Type) fonts.

try this.

got control panel->Regional and Language Settings.

under the "languages" tab, select "Install files for complex script ...."

press Ok.

you will need the Windows Xp installation CD or atleast a backup of it on your HDD as it needs a few files to be copied.

do you want to type in hindi? or read documents in some particular font?

There are multiple ways hindi(Devnagari)/Indic text was incorporated. Earlier it was ISCII, ISFOC and now with Unicode and OpenType fornts.

Do let us know what exactly is your need.

Ok here is what i want to do

My brother has written somethings in Hindi and sent it to me in a word document. Now he wrote this using some inbuilt orkut functionality which enables one to scrap in hindi, so he just copy pasted the same in the word doc and sent me. Now i can only see boxes instead of the hindi characters

One more thing..i have just installed Office 2003 and removed 2007. No this is not done for this hindi font thing, this was long overdue for me :)

So effectively i now have office 2003 installed except Outlook which is the 2007 version

Back