Budget 90k+ Need laptop for random home usage(heavy coding, R&D, multimedia)

swapnil0545

Disciple
Hi,

As my desktop has become old which is an i3 3rd gen. The monitor is also moving a bit up and down every 5 seconds, I think its time for me to upgrade now.
I tend to use the office laptop most of the time, so the desktop remains in ignore mode throughout the year. only when a few things which cannot be done on office laptop where usb is prohibited and multimedia or personal R & D or tinkering is required I use my personal desktop.
As I don't have a personal laptop, I am going to switch to a laptop now and keep the desktop as it is.
I don't have a habit of upgrading the stuff so I am thinking of going with latest chipsets unless if they do not provide a VFM then I might go for a slight previous generation ones.
Was researching a bit for laptops and really finding it difficult to compare.
Latest proccessor which I liked was AMD Ryzen™ AI 9 HX 370 and ultra 9 185h is there. Ultra series 2 is out but doesn't seem to be available in indian market. Only the prev gens are making now to indian market.

1. https://www.lenovo.com/in/en/p/lapt...eapad-pro-5i-gen-9-(14-inch-intel)/83d2001gin
2. https://in.store.asus.com/light-weight-asus-vivobook-s-14-oled-m5406w.html

I don't do any heavy or regular gaming. So, I think the iGPU with those processor should be enough for me for some casual games. sometimes i may use adobe photoshop or something.
Majorly will use vs code, nodejs, dockers, VMs. Can do some AI tinkering.

The lenovo one I am getting around 1 lakh after all the discounts. Asus one I am getting at around 1.20 lakhs.

I would love to hear the thoughts of other people in the community if they have any inputs on my thought process. I can go for older gens if the performance is 90-95% same and is economical. I mean if older gens can cost 1 lakh with a dedi GPU, will that make sense to buy? Also I have friend and relatives in other countries if you think I can go for some better laptops in similar price range.

Thanks.

This shows 1,09,000 on FK. Anyways I am yet to finalize the decision.
1727369387235.png

Back