Budget 0-20k Need low cost PC for torrents and HD movies (Used Hardware)

Status
Not open for further replies.

satishinti

Disciple
I am in need of a desktop PC with in a budget of 10K for watching HD movies,torrents, browsing.
Planning to go for a used hardware in good condition, will buy next month(September).

Q: What is your budget?

• 10K (without monitor,KB,Mouse,Speakers)

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

• Monitor - HP L1726 (1280 x 1024 Res)
  • Speakers - Creative desktop speakers

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

• Monitor - HP L1726 (1280 x 1024 Res)
  • Speakers - Creative desktop speakers

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

• CPU - any Intel Dual core or higher if possible in this budget.
  • Motherboard - any compatible motherboard.
  • HDD - 320 GB min.
  • Cabinet - prefered slim(if within budget), else anything will do (assuming smps will come bundled with the cabinet).
  • key board and mouse - looking for a wireless KB and mouse, will purchase seperate if doesnt fit in this budget.
Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

a. No, will not upgrade as this will always be my standby as i am planning for a windows 8 laptop or a tablet later.

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

• Pune
  • Open to online purchase (new or seconds)
  • If any available on TE Market

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

• Yes- actually i am looking for a second hand hardware as my budget is low

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

• Browsing
  • Download rig, 24x7 operation
  • Watching HD movies
  • softwares like Visual Studio 2010.
Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

• If possible in this budget would go for a slim cabinet, which would be easy to carry while shifting home.

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

-NA-

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

a. Desktop - 1280x1024 (as i already have the monitor , dont have other option)

Q: Are you looking to overclock?

• No

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

• Windows 7 64 bit, plan to upgrade to windows 8 after the release.

Let me know if i need anything else to consider as i am not that familiar with PC hardware.

This is what I suggest @satishinti --

Intel Pentium G620 ~3500/-
Intel DH67-BL ~5800/- OR GIGABYTE-H61MA-D2H-USB3 ~3500/-
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB ~4000/-
Corsair ValueRAM 4GB x1 ~1300/-
Zebronics cabinet with bundled SMPS ~1500/-

OR

AMD E-350 fusion motherboard + processor combo ~7500/-
[rest configuration same as above]

The AMD build power consumption will be lesser than the Intel build but so will its scope for productivity drop.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Last edited by a moderator:
Intel G620-3.3k
Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2H-3.2k
Corsair Value Ram-1.2k
Segate 320GB HDD-3.5k[Get 2nd hand HDD from TE market]
Any Zebronic/Circle case with PSU-1.4k
Logitech Wireless KB/Mouse-1k
You can go for AMD Llano rig if you shell out more bucks-
AMD A6 3550-4.4k
Gigabyte A55M-DS2-3.2k
Hope this helps.:)

thanks for the quick reply ALPHA17 & Jakob

The suggestions seems good but the budget is over shooting a bit, can you sujjest the source for lowest prices available on these components.

for which components can i go for a seconds in the above hardware.

thanks for the quick reply ALPHA17 & Jakob

The suggestions seems good but the budget is over shooting a bit, can you sujjest the source for lowest prices available on these components.

for which components can i go for a seconds in the above hardware.

Go for this in that case --

Intel Pentium G620 ~3500/-
GIGABYTE-H61M-D2H / USB3 ~3500/-
Corsair ValueRAM 2GB ~800/-
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB ~4000/-
Zebronics cheap cabinet + SMPS ~1500/-

I think this is the lowest we can depress the price too, after which the compromises made on the components will be of no use and might degrade your productivity.

ok ALPHA17 will finalize this config with 1 x 4gb ram and see if any of the components or near to this config available in the TE market or locally.

Do i need to check the compatability of any of the above config before buying or are they feasible....?

will be back with more questions as i keep digging more in to the hardware details. Thank you.

Hi ALPHA17

If i go for a used Processor on TE or in local market, which one would be a good buy in the budget of 3k which would replace the Intel Pentium G620, which would also be compatible with the "GIGABYTE-H61M-D2H / USB3".

You can go for used Intel i3 2100 processor with 1-2 year warranty left.The new one retails or 6.4k so it'd be good buy.It'll work with the gigabyte H61 mobo as well.
If i go for a used Processor on TE or in local market, which one would be a good buy in the budget of 3k which would replace the Intel Pentium G620, which would also be compatible with the "GIGABYTE-H61M-D2H / USB3".

You can go for used Intel i3 2100 processor with 1-2 year warranty left.The new one retails or 6.4k so it'd be good buy.It'll work with the gigabyte H61 mobo as well.

an i3 2100 with 1-2 year warranty is available for ~3k ? if it is then there is no use buying a new G620 at a higher price. but i could not find one less than 5k.

WD Caviar Blue 500 GB HDD Internal Hard Drive (WD5000AAKX) | Internal Hard Drive | Flipkart.com For HDD you can go with the WD Blue. Has 2 years warranty and costs ~3.7k Might cost a bit less offline.

Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2H Motherboard | Motherboard | Flipkart.com ~ 3.3k online. Might cost a bit less offline.

And the G620 costs just ~3.35k offline. So prefer offline purchase.

Still you will end up spending ~12k-13k for CPU+Mobo+RAM+ Cabby-PSU + HDD. You can't skimp further if you need a decent setup+ first hand stuff. If you go for 2nd hand ones for few of the parts then may be you can buy for less than 10k.

even this one is a non "usb-3" model mobo which i mentioned in d earlier post, couldn't find this any where online. will try this locally.G

and found a segate 1TB HDD for 4k on the market thread. going for it.

will go for the G620 if i couldnt find any good deal under 3K.

Thanks.

WD Caviar Blue 500 GB HDD Internal Hard Drive (WD5000AAKX) | Internal Hard Drive | Flipkart.com For HDD you can go with the WD Blue. Has 2 years warranty and costs ~3.7k Might cost a bit less offline.

Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2H Motherboard | Motherboard | Flipkart.com ~ 3.3k online. Might cost a bit less offline.

And the G620 costs just ~3.35k offline. So prefer offline purchase.

Still you will end up spending ~12k-13k for CPU+Mobo+RAM+ Cabby-PSU + HDD. You can't skimp further if you need a decent setup+ first hand stuff. If you go for 2nd hand ones for few of the parts then may be you can buy for less than 10k.

You've mentioned that you need inyel but if you are open for amd then I have Amd X2 4200+, gigabyte nvdia 6150 based motherboard, 2GB RAM combo for sale. Since I upgraded to Core i7 I don't need them any more.

Can part with them for 3300 bucks plus shipping. The motherboard has like 2yrs warranty left and can give a month's testing warranty for the cpu and ram.

Would be a cost effective solution for your need.

i am actually looking for a usb3.0 supported mobo, and i am more interested in a intel processor. thankyou.

You've mentioned that you need inyel but if you are open for amd then I have Amd X2 4200+, gigabyte nvdia 6150 based motherboard, 2GB RAM combo for sale. Since I upgraded to Core i7 I don't need them any more.

Can part with them for 3300 bucks plus shipping. The motherboard has like 2yrs warranty left and can give a month's testing warranty for the cpu and ram.

Would be a cost effective solution for your need.

Hi ALPHA17

The Intel Pentium G620 is Intel's cheapest dual-core Sandy-Bridge offering and as has been reiterated, anything below this will lack the muscle to last a long-haul. This is the best choice you have. But you want something cheaper, you can look into --

AMD Athlon IIx3 440 ~3500/- [I do not know if it is even available anymore]
ASUS / GIGABYTE-780G chipset based motherboard ~3000/- [no support for USB 3.0 OR SATA III]
[rest configuration as earlier]

i am looking for cheaper options but only in intel proccy. will go for the earlier config only if i dnt get any good options. as i already got a good deal in HDD, now looking only for cpu and mobo. i have read somewhere earlier dat its good to have a 2x 2Gb ram rather than a 1x 4Gb, can you throw some light on this.... Thanks.

The Intel Pentium G620 is Intel's cheapest dual-core Sandy-Bridge offering and as has been reiterated, anything below this will lack the muscle to last a long-haul. This is the best choice you have. But you want something cheaper, you can look into --

AMD Athlon IIx3 440 ~3500/- [I do not know if it is even available anymore]
ASUS / GIGABYTE-780G chipset based motherboard ~3000/- [no support for USB 3.0 OR SATA III]
[rest configuration as earlier]

i am looking for cheaper options but only in intel proccy. will go for the earlier config only if i dnt get any good options. as i already got a good deal in HDD, now looking only for cpu and mobo. i have read somewhere earlier dat its good to have a 2x 2Gb ram rather than a 1x 4Gb, can you throw some light on this.... Thanks.

Dual-channel RAM modules are great but in your case as your performance is not oriented towards gaming and other heavy situations it is better you stick to a single 4GB RAM module [it is ~100/- quid cheaper] and depending on the motherboard you may OR may-not have any extra DIMM slots to expand memory later.

I am sorry, in Intel the G620 represents the absolute lowest order of things.

i am actually looking for a usb3.0 supported mobo, and i am more interested in a intel processor. thankyou.

Dunno if this helps but if you could fit it in your budget the "Gigabyte B75M-D3H" (costs 4.6 to 4.8K) and is far, far superior to the H61 boards, plus it has usb 3.0 :) and hosts of things missing in the H61 (a technology which is almost phased out)..... see the most recent discussions here http://www.techenclave.com/pc-buyin...dering-gaming-136904/post1701395/#post1701395

Go for it and you will have no regrets

Cheers

this is what i have in the pipe line for my PC...

1. CPU- AMD's Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition.
AnandTech - AMD's Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition

2. Mother Board - GIGABYTE GA-785GMT-USB3
GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket AM3 - GA-785GMT-USB3 (rev. 1.0)

3. RAM- G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL

4. HDD -
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB HDD Internal Hard Drive (ST31000524AS)
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB HDD Internal Hard Drive (ST31000524AS) | Internal Hard Drive | Flipkart.com

5. Heatsink -
Coolermaster Hyper TX-3 Heatsink
Hyper TX3 - Cooler Master - Leading Provider of Computer Case | Cooler | Power Supply

Need a good cabinet with bundled smps....(in budget..
;))
Thanks to fellow TE members who helped me(noob in PC hardware) in finding these.....
:hail:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back