Need mobile phone smart phone between 10k-20k

Hi guys,

Need help in buying phone.

Following are the main features required
1. Video Playback(preferably HD)
2. Good for listening songs
3. Good Camera.
I'm planning to gift it to one of my family member. Hence will not consider things like rooting etc. Ideally want to go for the following brand
Samsung

Kindly advise.

Soundwise Galaxy S 9000 is good if u want to stick to samsung only, but its cam performance is avg. Also its hard to find now a days.

I feel Sony Xperia Neo (not V), Xperia Ray and Xperia Arc are good all rounders since they hv got good cam, descent sound quality and HD playback (720p afaik)

Arc is overpriced, Ray has small screen and Neo with 8MP cam isnt available here ! (SE always find a way or another to keep their sales low :p)

So LG Optimus 2x hit the sweet spot I guess considering all requirements and price...

Yup get Optimus 2x and install Power amp. Take any nokia symbian xpress music phone and have a look at the bass booster equi. Just do the same thing in power amp and turn the bass nob to 75% and u wont stop listening to music.

I'd also suggest LG Optimus 2x. Used it for about 6 months and then gave it to my wife last week when I bought SGS2.. O2X is a really solid phone and LG has released Gingerbread 2.3.4 now (finally!!).. You can update it straightaway..

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Adding to that, she is very happy with the phone.. She was using HTC Legend previously as says she likes this one much better.. :)

My wife is not in favor of LG. :(

Currently I'm looking for the below:

1.Samsung I9003 Galaxy SL

2.Neo

If I can really afford then Samsung Galaxy SII. but that's over the budget but I see many people going for it.

I wanted to go for Samsung Galaxy SL esp coz I checked it yesterday and the HD Playback was good. I think it doesn't have Flash. Apart from that looks ok. So maybe have to decide between this and Neo if I'm tight on budget.

Guys will appreciate if some more guys give their views.

Newly launched phone in budget are

Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini ST15i

Motorola Fire XT530

HTC ChaCha A810e

Sony Ericsson Xperia mini pro SK17i

Nokia 700

Ok guys looks like I need to chose between these three.

1. Sony Ericsson Neo V
2. Samsung Galaxy i9003

Samsung Galaxy S II. This is over my budget but I don't mind extending the budget provided I would need this feature. If the main advantage of the faster processor is playing video games then I will not opt for it but if it has other benefits like Video Playback, no hanging etc. Then I may go for it.

If the main advantage of the faster processor is playing video games then I will not opt for it but if it has other benefits like Video Playback, no hanging etc. Then I may go for it.

SGS II or SE Neo?

comp@ddict said:
Neo V, grab it when it hits 14.5 or 15k @ Sulekha.

When do youi think it will hit the price you mentioned?

Back