Car & Bike Need opinion on HMM Achiever

zhopudey

Skilled
My 5-yr old platina needs a long overdue upgrade. My daily commute is around 16km, purely in city traffic.

I am not considering Bajaj or TVS. I have thought of the following bikes -
1) Unicorn - My 1st choice. But no bike is worth a 5 month wait
2) Dazzler - The styling has totally turned me off. The twister looks better.
3) FZ - Low mileage and an impractical pillion seat. FZS and Fazer are just more expensive versions of the same.
4) SZ-R - Low mileage, and a back of the mind feeling that it is a cheap 150cc. Can't help wondering where they have cut corners.
5) GS150R - The heaviest of the lot, and with slightly lesser low end torque may be difficult to maneuver in bumper-2-bumper traffic.
6) Hunk and CBZ - Nothing particularly against them.
7) SS125 - A fully featured bike, with 5-gears, tacho, disc brake. But mileage is actually less than some 150cc bikes.
8) Achiever - I was surprised to see this in the HMC showroom. Thought it was discontinued. Plain jane looks - similar to the passion pro. No led or lcd. But has the same unicorn mill, and costs a cool 8k less than Hunk or CBZ. So why should I not buy this?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Nobody likes the achiever? :(

^^ well the achiever was HH`s stop gap solution to the pulsar way back circa 2005/2006 which saw its last production back then. Its basically a Unicron engine fitted on a 135cc bike frame, ie the HH ambition.

The achiever co-existed with the Honda Unicorn . The achiever was then targeted at the rural market while unicorn went to sway the urnab crown

My friend has one of the way back in 2005 and following is my review from what i can recollect:

1. Engine: Ultra smooth, a direct lift of the unicorn mill.No vibes even at high rpms.

Im later model like cbz xtreme and hunk, HH modified and tweaked the engine , eg cams, valve`s IIRC while give a bit more power but loose out on the refinement part.

2. Suspension and overall ride quality: We`ll the suspension is sourced from the ambition and is nothing rave about when compared to mono suspension setups..Also do notice that this bike comes with a thinner rear (3.0 X 18) against the standard 100/90 X 18 of the other HH bikes,eg cbz xtreme, hunk, karizma zma. Nevertheless it owing light weight handles very well in city traffic. TRaction was also very decent. Overall a no vibe well cushioned ride :)

Now why is it priced a whole 8K less:

1. An outdated suspension ,frame setup

2. Thinner rear tyre at the end.

3. Console and switches are very basic in nature and the switches are a direct lift of the passion series.

And value wise its a million times better than other value 150 offerings like the yammy sz and diso 150, bharath boxer 150 :)

DO take a TD and let us know.

Back