Need PSU and Motherboard upgrading Tips

ChessMaster

Disciple
I am using AMD Phenom II X6 1090T processor, I like overclocking it to higher speed, till now i sucessfully overclocked to 4.0GHz on my M4A89GTD Pro/USB3 Mobo.
I was thinking of upgrading my motherboard to the NEW Sabertooth 990FX board as it may provide more overclocking ability, also I was thinking of upgrading my PSU to CoolerMaster Silent Pro M1000 watts (currently using CoolerMaser Extreme Power Plus 700Watts).

Can anyone tell me till what clock I may reach using Sabertooth 990FX ? also is it good to go with CoolerMaster PSU or should i sell my old and get Corsair HX 750/850 ?

My PC spec are :
amd phenom II 1090t
asus m4a89gtd pro/usb 3
corsair h70 water cooling ckt
CM EX+ 70watts
sapphire 6870 1GB
vertex 3 ssd 120gb
2x cavier black 1tb
4x 2gb kingston hyperx
2 ccfls

Get seasonic s12ii 620w-4.5k or corsair tx650v2-5.2k,this would be enough for your rig,no need to spend 8-9k on psu unless you are going to xfire your gpu.

thegatekeeper said:
Get seasonic s12ii 620w-4.5k or corsair tx650v2-5.2k,this would be enough for your rig,no need to spend 8-9k on psu unless you are going to xfire your gpu.

I was thinking of crossfire, was going to buy new Card in Jan, also I wanted to over clock my system so thinking of more Power..

If you are going to get a new gpu,then get the upcoming Amd hd7XXX series one which will launch in q1 2012,sell you existing gpu then and get better performing 7 series gpu,AMD 7K series are equipped with new XDR2 rambus technology which is twice faster than GDDR5 in addition to 28nm process, lots of transistors.......... a single HD 7950 is said to be better than HD 6990.

Still if you want to go for HD 6870CF then get a corsair tx750v2-6.2k or SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold-7.1k

As far as mobo concerned,you can reach 4.2 or 4.5ghz with Sabertooth 990FX,So long as your temps stay under 55c at load you should be safe. I wouldnt go over ~1.5v for a 24/7 OC

I would like to sell my current PSU CoolerMaster EX+ 700watts, anyone can help me where i could get a good price (approx 3k) ? As of now i am not able to post in Member's Market .

thegatekeeper said:

Get Seasonic and save 1K , I'm using it with much higher specs without problem.

The total system draw for your system should reach a maximum of 500W. To get maximum efficiency and longevity your PSU's Power rating(true Power @ 40 C) should be labelled roughly 25-35% > then the actual power draw(taking into consideration capacitor aging over a span of 3 years).

Therefore you'll need a 650W PSU and if you want to crossfire get anything above 700W, Seasonic and Corsair(Seasonic oem models) are your best bet here.
SeaSonic X Series X650 will suit your system perfectly.

aman.pitbull said:
The total system draw for your system should reach a maximum of 500W. To get maximum efficiency and longevity your PSU's Power rating(true Power @ 40 C) should be labelled roughly 25-35% > then the actual power draw(taking into consideration capacitor aging over a span of 3 years).

Therefore you'll need a 650W PSU and if you want to crossfire get anything above 700W, Seasonic and Corsair(Seasonic oem models) are your best bet here.

SeaSonic X Series X650 will suit your system perfectly.

Yeah dude i wanna go for HX 750 corsair but currently running out of cash, If i can sell my CoolerMaster PSU then only i can buy corsair HX 750 or maybe TX 750.

ChessMaster said:
I am using AMD Phenom II X6 1090T processor, I like overclocking it to higher speed, till now i sucessfully overclocked to 4.0GHz on my M4A89GTD Pro/USB3 Mobo.

I was thinking of upgrading my motherboard to the NEW Sabertooth 990FX board as it may provide more overclocking ability, also I was thinking of upgrading my PSU to CoolerMaster Silent Pro M1000 watts (currently using CoolerMaser Extreme Power Plus 700Watts).

Can anyone tell me till what clock I may reach using Sabertooth 990FX ? also is it good to go with CoolerMaster PSU or should i sell my old and get Corsair HX 750/850 ?

My PC spec are :

amd phenom II 1090t

asus m4a89gtd pro/usb 3

corsair h70 water cooling ckt

CM EX+ 70watts

sapphire 6870 1GB

vertex 3 ssd 120gb

2x cavier black 1tb

4x 2gb kingston hyperx

2 ccfls

4.0GHz - 4.3GHz approximately...

Back