Need Pune Route information (Pune members, Urgent)

Rahul++

SuperUser
Skilled
Hello,

I have my appointment in Passport Seva Kendra (Ghorpadi Mundhwa Road, near Ganga Orchid, Pingale Wasti that is) @ 2pm tomorrow. As I don't have my car with me I will be coming by bus. I will be in Swargate by ~11-11.15am tomorrow. I don't know much about buses, bus routes and all in Pune. I would love to know if someone help me with Buses, routes etc. I have to reach at Passport office on or before 1.30pm.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...COzHTWcyEAppkVA&oq=ganga+pune&t=h&mra=ls&z=18

I would also like to know if you give me information about returning to Swargate from Ghorpadi Mundhwa road. I hope I will get some information before 6am tomorrow morning as I will be leaving to Pune on 6am :)

Regards,
Rahul.

Yes, I also referred those sites but I thought how if I get some information from a guy living in Pune :) That would be more accurate.

The rick can only take you one way
Swargate->MG Road-> avoid the left to RSI and ask him to take it from the Ghorpadi railway crossing instead. It should take max 20 mins at that time to get there.

The rick can only take you one way
Swargate->MG Road-> avoid the left to RSI and ask him to take it from the Ghorpadi railway crossing instead. It should take max 20 mins at that time to get there.

I was there couple of weeks back, I had gone through the same route (by car) I remember, there was some "Army" like area before crossing Ghorpadi railway crossing. Also there was Ghorpadi Bazaar just after/before crossing the bridge, is that the same route?

errr.... I am confused..... How will you come to Pune from "/public_html" ??
:D
To travel from Swargate to the pasport seva office use the Radio Cab service. The one which I freq use and am happy with is Wings radio cabs.
Contact them 30min before reaching to Pune. They will station a cab outside Swargate bus stand and give you the details. Like if you call at 8am and book a cab for 8.30am they will call you back at 8.25am and give u the cab details.
They have GPS so dont worry. They charge Rs50 for first 3kms and then Rs16/km. You can book a cab again while returning back to Swargate.
To kill time after your work is finish you can visit the new Koregoan park plaza mall which is just about 500mtrs from there.
Wings Radio Cab, Pune, India - Service Enquiry Form Call 40100100 Save this no in ur contacts.
Since this is not a very busy route the Auto drivers will ask for more fare. A cab is preferred at such times. Also no issues if its raining.

I am not in anyways associated with the endorsement of either Wings cabs or KP Park Plaza mall ;-)
Rep/Like if you find this useful ...

Pune is not like mumbai dude. It's a big and nice city to go and live, So take out all your doubts and go through Rikshaw and it will charge you only 88bugs.
Thanks for letting me know that. Just wanted to make sure, no one will rob my so precious money :p Rickshaws will be good option in any way.

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

errr.... I am confused..... How will you come to Pune from "/public_html" ??
:D
To travel from Swargate to the pasport seva office use the Radio Cab service. The one which I freq use and am happy with is Wings radio cabs.
Contact them 30min before reaching to Pune. They will station a cab outside Swargate bus stand and give you the details. Like if you call at 8am and book a cab for 8.30am they will call you back at 8.25am and give u the cab details.
They have GPS so dont worry. They charge Rs50 for first 3kms and then Rs16/km. You can book a cab again while returning back to Swargate.
To kill time after your work is finish you can visit the new Koregoan park plaza mall which is just about 500mtrs from there.
Wings Radio Cab, Pune, India - Service Enquiry Form Call 40100100 Save this no in ur contacts.
Since this is not a very busy route the Auto drivers will ask for more fare. A cab is preferred at such times. Also no issues if its raining.

I am not in anyways associated with the endorsement of either Wings cabs or KP Park Plaza mall ;-)
Rep/Like if you find this useful ...

Heheh, I am from "Kolhapur" FYI :) 220km away from Pune. Thanks for letting me know about Cab but I don't think I should hire a cab. It will cost me a bomb (Like 160-170 bucks, almost equivalent to cost of Luxury Bus from Kolhapur to Pune :p) I will look for a Rikshaw instead :)

Pune is not like mumbai dude. It's a big and nice city to go and live, So take out all your doubts and go through Rikshaw and it will charge you only 88bugs.
Dude its not even so much flowery. No doubt the locals here have not got so smart that they never miss to encash the situation. They will first give you a through look from head to toe and then charge you. And its obvious if you say Passport Office they know you mostly have a appointment there and wont charge less than 100. Coz that particular area as I said is not very busy area for them to find return fares.
If your work is really imp and you dont mind paying a little premium for good service... radio cabs.... else you can always spoil your day's start by arguing with a auto driver for not dropping you at exact location or charging extra or for meter malfunctions :)

Are you serious?

Richshaw wala's in Pune are M%%%%%% F%%%%%%..

If by meter if u can reach Swargate to Mundhwa in 88rs than they will ask for 150rs..

Personal experience..I am in Pune from last 2 years...

Most of the ppl in pune buy two wheelers so that they dont have to suffer.

I have came to pune many time for my meeting in KPIT company and live with my friend in sai sayaji nagar warje road.
So i can ensure you that i am aware of pune atmosphere.
Well if that's the criteria to count then I have been staying in Pune for almost 28years now :) Specially the Kalyani Nagar area which is nearby Ghorpadi. :)
Anyways... I am not crossing you here..neither my intention is to say that you are wrong... My only point is the auto drivers here are not that understanding. All they care is a high auto fare with less travel. They are very rude at times and have a very narrow minded attitude. The purpose here is to help @Rahul++ to reach the passport office comfortably/ on time. I presume he will be coming from Kolhapur to Swargate.
@psyph3r also stays in that region of Pune and may agree that Auto drivers do behave rudely with people who they think are new here.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Yes, I can't really purchase two wheeler for one day. :p Heheh I don't mind giving 20-30bucks more but I really need to get there in time. Buses won't be a good option imho if I want to reach there in time.

If the case is going around like this then Rahul++ will never intend to go to pune. Rahul++ if you want then i will pm you the number of my friends in pune they will help you quite well.
Sure you can give me, I won't disturb your friend's daily schedule for sure. If I need any help I will call the guy. I know the route as I already have been there before but the problem is I don't have vehicle :/ I will easily get to know if Rikshaw wala guy is trying to take a long route.

^ Yes, I can't really purchase two wheeler for one day. :p Heheh I don't mind giving 20-30bucks more but I really need to get there in time. Buses won't be a good option imho if I want to reach there in time.
AFAIK the only PMT Buses running in that area are the Keshav Nagar route bus which is like maybe one in 2hours or so. So just forget about PMT buses.
Your best option is either of these:
1) Borrow a bike from any friend in Pune.
2) Auto - 150(approx) Depends on your luck.
3) Cab. - 175 If you choose to go for it.

I agree that Kolhapur ~ Pune fare is almost equivalent to what you will spend in local transport if you opt for Auto/Cab. But cant help it :)
If 350 on cabs is too mych then you can opt for cab to reach there and while returning you cab take a bus... Either to Swargate or to Pune Station. You will find 100s of shared autos plying from Station to Swargate charge abt Rs15/person.

Yes, that's the route. Just after skipping the left for RSI you'll see a big ass national flag (national war memorial), that's the turn to make.

I was there couple of weeks back, I had gone through the same route (by car) I remember, there was some "Army" like area before crossing Ghorpadi railway crossing. Also there was Ghorpadi Bazaar just after/before crossing the bridge, is that the same route?

AFAIK the only PMT Buses running in that area are the Keshav Nagar route bus which is like maybe one in 2hours or so. So just forget about PMT buses.
Your best option is either of these:
1) Borrow a bike from any friend in Pune.
2) Auto - 150(approx) Depends on your luck.
3) Cab. - 175 If you choose to go for it.

I agree that Kolhapur ~ Pune fare is almost equivalent to what you will spend in local transport if you opt for Auto/Cab. But cant help it :)
If 350 on cabs is too mych then you can opt for cab to reach there and while returning you cab take a bus... Either to Swargate or to Pune Station. You will find 100s of shared autos plying from Station to Swargate charge abt Rs15/person.

I am planing exactly the same. I will opt for Auto / Cab to reach to Passport Seva Kendra (What a name :p). I will go with Buses while returning. It's not about money at all. Just want to spend the rest money somewhere else :p (shopping I mean :p)

Are you serious?

Richshaw wala's in Pune are M%%%%%% F%%%%%%..

If by meter if u can reach Swargate to Mundhwa in 88rs than they will ask for 150rs..

Personal experience..I am in Pune from last 2 years...

Most of the ppl in pune buy two wheelers so that they dont have to suffer.

you are right. Auto wala are monsters here in pune and they charge a lot. Bus service in pune is also very poor in terms of frequency. But since you don't have many options grab a auto from swargate to passport office...

^ @Amitkumar : yes, thanks a ton mate :)

The only option left with me, Auto / Cab. Ready to spend like 300bucks on fare there. I hope it won't go more than 150.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I contacted my friend who is residing in Pune. Although he will not be available tomorrow, he assured me that Auto fare won't exceed 100-110. He had been there for a couple of times. Auto Fare was around 100 only.

1. Call Sudarshan,
2. Take his bike,
3. Tell him to figure out a way to go back to office :bleh:
4. Finish your work.
5. Call him back to Swargate.
6. U go back and Sudharshan goes back to home / office.

This is where my fantasy ends... and yes I have no idea whatsoever how to reach the place.
Also why do u have to go to that passport office rather than the one in front of Symbiosis College ?

Back