Need some info regarding inverters and batteries. Switchover time etc

DigitalDude

Skilled
At present I'm having APC BI100I Pure Sinewave Inverter with Exide Invasafe 150AH x 2 SMF batteries. the batteries recently died a painful death (slowly giving less backup over 2 months). local inverter electrician says the SMF batteries are not suitable for inverters especially for heavy usage like high end PCs and will have low life. mine lasted 19 months :angry:. Now the BI1000I I have has a switchover time of ~20ms which was enough for not restarting my PC with Seasonic S12II 520W PSU during power cuts. they both carry on well during low loads. it's only when I'm gaming, sometimes, the PC restarts. As I'm planning to get new tubular batteries, I've decided to get a new Inverter also.

After searching for various Pure Sinewave inverters I've narrowed down my choices to 'Luminous iON 1500VA Digital Pure Sinewave Inverter' and 'Su-kam Shiny 1500VA Pure Sinewave Inverter'. while the fact sheet of luminous model clearly says the switchover time (mentioned as transient time?) as ~10ms, there is no data for the Su-kam model. Also reading online recommendations, people are suggesting Exide Inva Tubular batteries as popular choice but my local inverter electrician says it is better to go for same inverter brand tubular batteries incase of Luminous (InverLast tall tubular batteries ILTT 18048 150AH) or Su-kam (Su-kam tall tubular batteries 150AH) for better compatibility and support (makes sense but still...)

So I need your opinions and comments on the foll:

* switchover time? do any of you have above inverters? does your PC restart at high loads? in normal mode and also in UPS mode?
* above luminous model or the su-kam one? or something else? (how are Numeric ones?)
* same inverter brand tubular batteries or Exide Inva Tubular IT500 150AH batteries?
* does battery equalizers increase battery life ?

_

I dunno what PC you have, but even my 600W+ monster AMD9950/4870x2 would not trip on power cuts, this was with a APC1500 non-sinewave UPS and a Corsair TX750.

The PSU has a pretty large role to play, the hold up time is a critical value and must be at least 4 times the switchover time (at least) of the UPS/inverter.

^^^pure sinewave inverter I mean.

btw the hold-up time ATX standard is ~16ms at full load but many PSUs fall short. though high capacity PSUs have good hold-up time at low/half loads.

_

^^ I'll ask my electrician to look for kevin brand. weary of service and availability in chennai though.

now locally mahindra powerol inverters are having good service it seems. I'm totally indecisive now :D

_

look for a pure sinewave inverter called 'kevin', very stable with tubular batteries, and I use this with the same PSU, never faced a reboot till date with PC, 2 x Wifi, 1 19" & 1 32", STB & NAS running on it. Sine Wave Home UPS Manufacturers Delhi India, Sine Wave Home UPS Exporter Suppliers Company
what is the battery capacity you are using. my electrician says kevin inverter cannot handle more than 110AH batteries.

also looking for more inputs. common folks.

_

Tough time to Chennai people with daily 2 hour power cuts which will be 4 hours soon..

Watching the thread. Please share which u take finally.

Exide tubular batteries are any day better than luminous or sukam branded batteries. I had a sukam branded battery it was nothing great maybe it is better than prestolite.

Tough time to Chennai people with daily 2 hour power cuts which will be 4 hours soon..

Watching the thread. Please share which u take finally.

haha hope the 4hr thing doesnt come into effect. counting on the power plants that are coming up in the next 5 months... upto around 3200MW.

still in confusion. will definitely update after buying.

_

Congrats,
40k for full set up is a big one. Do you recommand something in 8-14k range for 2 fans+2 lights with Laptop+Modem+WiFi ?

Congrats,
40k for full set up is a big one. Do you recommand something in 8-14k range for 2 fans+2 lights with Laptop+Modem+WiFi ?

any good brand like sukam/exide/luminous/microtek 875VA pure sinewave inverter and a 120AH flat plate battery would fit in your budget.

_

Hey Fellas!

Need some help with an inverter setup.
Considering that the power shortage in Chennai might go up in the coming summer, the missus and I decided to get an inverter setup done.
So here are the details that you might be looking for:

1. Requirements: Must power 2 tube lights, 2 fans, 1 computer for at least 3-4 hours. If needed, needs to power just one fan, one light and 2 laptops.

2. Standby time: Would prefer that the system support above mentioned load for at least 3-4 hours.

3. Budget: Preferably within 20k.

4. Options considered: Have asked around, and got the following options for Su-Kam -
  • Su-Kam 800 VA Sine Wave + Su-Kam 180 AH Tall Tubular battery : Asking price 21k
  • Su-Kam 800 VA Sine Wave + EXIDE 150 AH Tall Tubular battery: Asking price 20k
5. Willing to consider other brands: Yes, will consider Exide, APC & Amaron. Nothing else please.

So, based on the above requirements, what would you guys suggest?
Do let me know.

Thanks fellas!
Cheers! :)

Back