Android Need some information about ZTE Blade replacement digitizer glass

raksrules

Elite
So I have this zte blade orange San Francisco which had a bad display. One member here got the display replaced for me. But he says the touch screen by and large does not work still.
So can someone tell me if I buy the below product I can get the touch screen of my zte blade ?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Touc...0-U880-V880-repair-replacement/678367664.html

I am not sure about the model number of the original blade so am confused. Mine is a LCD blade and not oled.

Model number V880 for the original ZTE Blade is correct. The digitizer glass should be the same for LCD and OLED Blades.
You can further clarify any doubts with the seller.

@raksrules
Yeah Digitizer is same for both OLED and LCD. I replaced my BLADE (LCD)'s digitizer couple of months without any problem. Get it from here. Its cheaper and anyday more reliable than aliexpress. Go through this guide as well. Cheers!

@ev1lb0ygen1us

Thanks for the link, ordered for under 7$. Lets see how fast (or slow) it arrives. Also you replaced the digitizer yourself ? I am very scared to open the phone as i dont think i am skilled enough to do that. In your case did the LCD Have display fine but only the TOUCH did not work ?
Because as of now i believe i am having same case.

Don't worry it's fairly simply with the tools you get in the bundle. Just take it slow. Patience is the key. Connector from digitizer to the board requires some extra attention.
Yeah, "TOUCH" issue is pretty common with this handset. LCD should be good, if you don't see any dead pixels area or shades.

Ok so i have ordered from ebay from this link...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200803417898?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

It has been received at my home and mostly i will get it tomorrow in my hand.
I saw the listing and it seems the front face wasn't included so does this mean i will have to separate the actual "touch" screen from its front housing in my existing phone ? How easy or difficult it is ?

I know there is a modaco link which explains changing the digitizer but there it seems the person receiver the entire front panel including the touchscreen so that is probably easier to do.

http://www.modaco.com/topic/335578-howtochange-the-digitizer-screen-zte-blade/

I am bit hesitant to do this, not sure if i should do it myself or get it done from a mobile repair shop.

Any suggestions ?

Yeah even I ordered the digitizer alone. Its like 3 layers- Front casing with thin layer of plastic, digitizer and the touch screen itself. I was able to detach front casing with the old digitizer pretty easily. Cant recollect if it was glued together or not, but it came off easily. Just make sure you detach digitizer connectors from the board before you pull it apart. It might be little difficult for people with large hands / shaky hands. So getting it done via a mobile repairer is a safe bet.

Success !!!
Got the digitizer replaced in ZTE Blade myself. Getting the touch screen lens / glass out of front housing took some careful pushing.
I initially tried without assembling everything and once i confirmed the touch worked, then assembled all the buttons and back panel and everything.
Now the touch works fine. :)
The digitizer came with ZTE Logo so now i do not have San Francisco logo anymore.

Last edited:
Success !!!
Got the digitizer replaced my ZTE Blade myself. Getting the touch screen lens / glass out of front housing took some careful pushing.
I initially tried without assembling everything and once i confirmed the touch worked, then assembled all the buttons and back panel any everything.
Now the touch works fine. :)
The digitizer came with ZTE Logo so now i do not have San Francisco logo anymore.

good work mate. Always fells nice when you complete suck tasks.

Just an FYI, it seems this replacement digitizer does not support multi touch. I tried in browsers and pics and I cannot pinch to zoom or anything.

Back