Need something to cover bare wires

nRiTeCh

Skilled
I have few lights hanging from wall ceiling but they are hanging on its two wires (Live and neutral) with knots tied on its clip-hanger.

I have to cover those bare wires as it kills the entire aesthetic looks.
I'm hunting for something to cover the wires.
Like ready made lights from a designer shop which have the usual thick white hanging wire inside which (Live and neutral) wires house/are hidden, see as below:
1629657883028.png
1629657934232.png

Walked through few such shops but in my helpless city where businessman are very cunning and they simply refuse saying you wont find such stuff around etc.

Dont know whats the outer covering is called exactly in lighting/wiring lingo but unable to find it on amazon etc.

Need something like below, just wire cover or either the entire holder assembly if thats the last option but need something cheap.

1629658094044.png
1629658120771.png
1629658135100.png

You can get a glass sleeve, which is big enough to house the wires. And paint it to a color of your choice. It’s durable as well. However I can’t vouch for its weight holding capacity.

I'd prefer using flexible pvc pipe (available at Electrical shops) - either colored or cover with tape in zigzag manner ...

Buy heatshrink sleeves from Amazon.
I already have shortlisted it but still looking for a bit fancy.
You can get a glass sleeve, which is big enough to house the wires. And paint it to a color of your choice. It’s durable as well. However I can’t vouch for its weight holding capacity.
Didnt found anything related except something like this.
or can you share a sample link.

Also, will this work?
I'd prefer using flexible pvc pipe (available at Electrical shops) - either colored or cover with tape in zigzag manner ...
But seems they dont have thin/tiny ones easily but mostly those washbasin outlets ones.

Go to a local hardware shop and buy the cable that typically comes with a clothes Iron. I have replaced many damaged/worn out Iron wires using these, It's similar to one in the pics above. Alternatively, you also get colored sleeves, like the ones in sleeved PSU cable extensions. I don't know where to source them from and they will be slightly on the costlier side.

Go to a local hardware shop and buy the cable that typically comes with a clothes Iron. I have replaced many damaged/worn out Iron wires using these, It's similar to one in the pics above. Alternatively, you also get colored sleeves, like the ones in sleeved PSU cable extensions. I don't know where to source them from and they will be slightly on the costlier side.
Thats what I require but not sure where to buy them except Ae which is closed sadly!

Yeah! Contact any manufacturer on India mart, look for PET sleeving (I used 4mm ones for PSU Sleeved extension cables)
Thanks found this suitable but as always Indiamart, one needs bulk quantities..

Not sure how straight it would stretch since you require it to hang down, but I have previously used tubing from water purifiers as wire sleeves. You also get various connectors that help keep things neat. Aesthetics should be hit or miss though - since I don't think you get too many colour choices.

Back