PC Peripherals Need Suggestion for Accessories upgrade

cri_sss

Disciple
Hi

Suggest some accessories for my system:

1. I need a web cam and suggest a good one having good video quality(Frankly i dont have any idea on this)

2.MY Motherboard is Intel® Desktop Board DG965RY. And in spec it was mentioned it supports sata. But in the forum I found new SATA2 hdds. Is there any difference between two. Will my mobo supports latest one i.e SATA2?
Suggest me one 500GB or 1TB which are having less failure rate and less power consumption as i mainly use this for Data storage.(any brand)
Already using 160GB IDE Samsung hdd which is my primary disk.

3.I'm having BSNL broadband connected to my desktop. I need to connect to Laptop also using wireless. Suggest a good router with model number..

One more thing if I have to connect to Internet from Laptop should i have to switch on the Desktop PC also,I mean as ADSL modem is connected to Desktop. or only switching on of router is enough?

And also how much distance router will cover as there will be walls and one room in between desktop and laptop usage. Is signal will be having enough strength?

Also if you know the price also mention them.

webcam go for logitech..

go for the seagate 500gb 7200.12(fault less series),it would be around rs 2400

In terms on simplicity(no N band support) Netgear WGR614

if you want N band support look at the Linksys WRT310N(it does get a little heated though),

I saw a good review for a particular router on the digit sept issue,I will get back to you,after i find it..

can you please give me some specifications for hardware and software for home use desktop PC .i shall be much obliged if the brand and price could be given
thanks.
sandokan

Back