Need suggestion for purchasing earphone

-=CyANid3=-

Disciple
Hello

Normally I use the Nokia's earphone which come along with the mobile
<
. The other day my friend showed me his Skull Candy earphone and I was amazed by the sound clarity and loudness.

As I dont have any earphone at present , I'm going to purchase it soon.Just searching for a little cheaper alternative (without compromising on sound quality) . Skull Candy's starts from around Rs 900.

As I've n't anyother brand earlier , I need some suggestions from others.

Sorry, if this thread is posted in wrong section.

What's your budget?

If its around 750, and you don't mind headband-style ones, I can't recommend the Sennheiser PMX 60 enough. These are available on ebay, though the actual prices is > Rs 2000. They sell this cheap since these usually came with some Nokia Expressmusic phones, which somehow they siphoned off for sale.

Welcome to the budget audiophile club, and remember - Life is too short for bad earphones ;-) !

I own soundmagic pl11 which costs around Rs.500. But they are comparable to sennheiser cx300ii which are almost 5 times more expensive than pl11. They are the best earphones in its segment. Also there's pl30 which is higher version of pl11. They are said to have even more clarity than pl11 with only slightly less bass. They are priced at around Rs.900 bucks.

Thank you for replying rajorshi and rahul.

My budget is upto 1k. I like in the ear earphone.

Flipkart shows PL11 price as 895 Rs. Didn't get PL30 on flipkart.

Go for this

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Soundmagic-E...1?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_203&hash=item3a7010c945

Soundmagic Pl-21 is not so analytical as the PL-30 but for us wannabe audiophiles its good enough.Only thing is that it seems a bit flimsy.Mine lasted around 8 months which is more than any other I have owned.
<
.I burn through IEMs pretty fast.On the plus side they have a warranty of 1 yr.Don't go for Sony as they are super flimsy and have a warranty of 3 months only.But if you want peace of mind go for Sennhesier CX180 which might be available locally.I bought mine in Kolkata last Monday for 1300 bucks(2 yrs warranty).SQ is similar to PL-21 but volume is a bit louder.If you are form Kolkata you can find almost all Soundmagic and Senn gear at MD Computers.

Thank you for replying rajorshi and rahul.

My budget is upto 1k. I like in the ear earphone.

Flipkart shows PL11 price as 895 Rs. Didn't get PL30 on flipkart.

Here's the link on ebay where pl11 is available for Rs. 580 + Rs.35 shipping. http://www.ebay.in/itm/Sound-Magic-PL-11-In-Ear-Headphone-/260938761915?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_203&hash=item3cc12986bb

pl30 for.995 + 35 shipping http://www.ebay.in/itm/Soundmagic-PL30-Inear-Plugs-PL-30-Real-Soundstage/320469768256#ht_1728wt_889

You should look into Creative EP630,PL21.They are a decent option for <1k which are in no way music enthusiasts choice but good for a casual listener or beginner and better than pl11 anyday imo.If you can up you budget to 1.5k do look into Meelectronics M6 which are great value for money and come highly recommended.

Stay away from the like of Sony,Skullcandy

p>S:In <1k range lot of fakes,so rely on genuine sellers even if costs are bit higher,this will also help while claiming warranty as iem's are prone to go dead for no specific reason and have a short life.
<

just ordered the JVA marshmallows off ebay for Rs670... hope they are worth it? I have the PL11s which are good but have started giving me problems..

Back