PC Peripherals Need suggestion regarding psu

sss09

Recruit
Could someone please tell how good is antec vp500. I plan to use it with i5 4670 and asus strix gtx 960 with 1tb harddisk
Can u please tell if i could be able to use it with antec bp450 as antec vp450 version is not avaliable in local market.

Yes, the antec vp line is very good. both the 450 and 500w models are fine for your use.
the 960 will work off the vp450 no problem, but if you're getting the vp500 for a small amount extra then go for it as the 960 can be overclocked quite a bit.

15k CPU + 18k GPU. You have no excuse to get a 2k PSU :p

Reading your earlier thread - you already have a Corsair VS450? Why pick up another questionable PSU?

^he's right. seasonic s12 520w would be the ideal choice.

@Crazy_Eddy : is it really in the same league as a vs? I know the antec vp line still uses passive pfc but always thought of it being capable of doing as well (if not better) than most standard apfc psu's.

^ This was about the Antec BP450PS. A member here had taken a look into it : https://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/antec-bp450ps-450w-power-supply-review.172301/ , and it looks like a very basic CWT platform with questionable cap quality, so its equally as bad as the VS.

The VP450P is an FSP built unit with so-so caps. FSP platforms tend to have higher voltage ripple - which affects cap life - so IMHO, its not a good recipe either.
The VP550P and above were decent models built by Delta I think, but there's a new V2 revision and I haven't checked reviews to figure out what they've changed in the V2 models.

^ This was about the Antec BP450PS. A member here had taken a look into it : https://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/antec-bp450ps-450w-power-supply-review.172301/ , and it looks like a very basic CWT platform with questionable cap quality, so its equally as bad as the VS.

The VP450P is an FSP built unit with so-so caps. FSP platforms tend to have higher voltage ripple - which affects cap life - so IMHO, its not a good recipe either.
The VP550P and above were decent models built by Delta I think, but there's a new V2 revision and I haven't checked reviews to figure out what they've changed in the V2 models.
I have the v2 version. And its preety good with noice and overall output.
There are 2 things that have been changed in vp550p v2 version.
1. Its now haswell compatiable that supports there low power consumption capability.
2. Now you get 37amps on 12 volt instead of 42 or 43amps in vp550p although the load capacity on either of the 2 rails is the same at 30amps per rail.

If you want to buy a good budget psu then dont look anywhere else other than antec or seasonic.
Corsair is average at best.

If you want to buy a good budget psu then dont look anywhere else other than antec or seasonic.
Corsair is average at best.

I want a maximum 450watt psu as i need computer more than 13 hours a day. There are many power cuts in summer and my invertor can only take a load of 450 watt so please suggest me a psu of 450 watt in market either antec bp450 watt is avaliable or corsair vs450 watt avaliable there is antec vp 500 watt but i think my invertor could not support the load. I need my pc for office and gaming purpose both

I want a maximum 450watt psu as i need computer more than 13 hours a day. There are many power cuts in summer and my invertor can only take a load of 450 watt so please suggest me a psu of 450 watt in market either antec bp450 watt is avaliable or corsair vs450 watt avaliable there is antec vp 500 watt but i think my invertor could not support the load. I need my pc for office and gaming purpose both
Better get a antec vp450 rather than bp450 as there is no more than Rs300-400 difference. And vp450 have better components than bp450. Also I don't think you would actually have problem with vp500 as well. Because using a 500watt psu doesnt mean you are using full 500watt. Watt consumption depends upon your computer configuration. So until or unless you dont go above 450watt both would work out similarly.

Better get a antec vp450 rather than bp450 as there is no more than Rs300-400 difference. And vp450 have better components than bp450. Also I don't think you would actually have problem with vp500 as well. Because using a 500watt psu doesnt mean you are using full 500watt. Watt consumption depends upon your computer configuration. So until or unless you dont go above 450watt both would work out similarly.
What about corsair vs 450 watt?? Is it any good

What about corsair vs 450 watt?? Is it any good
Actually corsair vs450 is worse than antec vp450p in terms of components used. Still, corsair is much better than any local el chepo psu. So, if you have no other choice than surely you can consider vs450. Although, they don't last above there warranty period. But, there customer service is considered better than most. Also, although it can handle some overclock of your gpu but I would recommend not to overclock your gpu with corsair vs450 because that would drastically reduce your PSU life. At stock though you can expect to have minimum 3yrs of psu service.

Last edited:
1. 450W is the peak DC output from a 450W PSU. Assuming an 80% conversion efficiency, the AC input to the PSU will be (450/0.8) = 563W.
2. For the same PC config, a 450W PSU or a 1000W PSU will still supply the same amount of power.

If you need to maintain a max AC input of 450W, then the max power drawn by your PC should be 450 x 80% = 360W.
Putting a smaller PSU isn't going to help. PSU efficiency will start dropping above 75% load; and if your PC draws more than the rated power, your PSU will overload and shut down.

If you are feeling too confused with all the choices then get a seasonic eyes closed. it is the best of all the brands available in India right now.

If you are feeling too confused with all the choices then get a seasonic eyes closed. it is the best of all the brands available in India right now.
Yes i know but i need to buy it from local market where only antec bp450 and antec vp500 or corsair vs 450 are avaliable

Back