PC Peripherals Need suggestions for a Ink Tank Multifunction printer for a small business.

Gadget:- Ink Tank Multifunction printer[can copy,print in colour,scan,etc]

Budget:- Up to 10-12K.

Brands you would prefer/any product already chosen as a probable for buying- Epson and HP both have a pretty good name where Ink tank printers are concerned, I ' am slightly favouring Epson here :- https://www.amazon.in/Epson-L361-Mu...8-1&keywords=ink+tank+printers#productDetails .

Any concerns :- As I have never bought a Ink tank printer before,my primary concern is how long does it take for the ink to become unusable/expired. I guess it probably would be 2-3 years[it should be],but mention this when you post recommendations, and yeah this is really important, the printer should have the capability to work on wifi.

Any other specifics regarding the product:- Not a necessity, but it would be advantageous if the printer could also scan legal paper[which is bigger than the standard A4 size paper].

Last edited:
I have the Epson L380. That is the upgraded version of the 360 and comes with 2 extra black ink bottles.
It costs ~10500-11000 rupees.
Print quality has been outstanding for both documents and copies, and pictures.
Document prints are really fast in normal B/W mode/quality. Crisp text, and doesn't take too long to print.
Only scans A4, not legal. Scanning takes more time when scanning over 300DPI.

If you need wifi, the printers won't be below 14-15K, I think. If you have a router with USB printer support, that should solve that, else get a wifi printer.

We have the HP 5821 - nearly good performance. Only issue is that it gets stuck sometimes - once in 2-3 months. We finalised on HP over EPSON was because we run a mixed environment - Mac and Windows and needed to ensure no problems.

Epson might be faster by 20%. This does not do legal either - has a flatbed scanner.

I have a Brother DCP-T500W. I have been using it for around a year or may be longer. So far I did not have to refill the cartridges as my usage is only around 3 to 4 pages / week. It does not do duplex printing and also it does not have a document feed tray for continuous scanning which is kind of a pain. The other functionalities are good. I never had the problem of ink drying out on the print head as it auto cleans itself one every few days. The only issue is sometimes it does when you least expect it.

Thanks guys for your replies,I will check out all your suggestions but it seems wifi ink tank printers are around 14-15 K. Anyone knows any brick and mortar shops in mumbai which may give a better offer? . I really cant go beyond 12K, thanks anyways.

Last edited:
I using Canon mx922 for last 2 years and have changed cartridge once. I had to face lots of issues with the Initial setup of the printer it was solved by getting latest driver file. at that time it consumed almost 50-60 prints of Test Pages.
But overall, I think, 2 years is a life if you print 1 page daily.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back