Budget 41-50k Need suggestions for building a new PC.

So I intend to upgrade my PC after nearly 15 years. Been out of touch with the current happenings in the hardware domain and it seems AMD seems to have an upper hand, atleast for now. I want to have a configuration to use it as a light-medium workstation with VMware and HyperV. I have a config in mind but I would like to have feedback from you guys too.
I might do light game, if time permits. So gaming is not too much of a concern here. Want the build for longetivity, atleast for 5 years.

Questions

1. What is your budget?
    • upto 50K
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - Intel C2D
    • Motherboard - gigabyte B75M-S
    • GPU - asus ROG RX560
    • RAM - Transcend 2X4GB 1333Mhz.
    • Monitor - LG 22"
    • PSU - VIP 550W/ Corsair VX550
    • Storage- 1x500gb Crucial SSD; 1x2TB Toshiba HDD.
    • Case- Gamma NXZT case.
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - LG 22"
    • PSU - VIP 550W/ Corsair VX550
    • Storage- 1x500gb Crucial SSD; 1x2TB Toshiba HDD.
    • GPU - asus ROG RX560
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
    • Motherboard - ASRock B550m Pro 4
    • Ram- Corsair Vengeance Lpx 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4 3000MHz
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes, will upgrade the following within 6 months
    • Case/tower- SilverStone Fara H1M Cabinet (Black)
    • NVME- 500gb, mostly Crucial.
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Mumbai/ Nagpur
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Browsing
    • Desktop Processing
    • HTPC
    • Download rig, 24x7 operation
    • Watching HD movies
    • VMware, workstation.
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • MSI seems to be getting lot of flak HERE so would stay away.
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Light gaming if time permits
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Desktop - 1440x900
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No.
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 64 bit
    • Linux - Centos

So this would be my work build. I did read from threads HERE that the processors are on their last chipset before upgrading i.e. AM4. So most people are suggesting to wait and hold out before prices/availability is sorted. IMO, prices would still be an issue if previous experience from flooding in Thailand and Vietnam back in 2011 shook the storage industry and it took a really log time for prices to stabilise. Now for sure, the issue ain't that big now but still, chips shortages and mining won't allow prices to fall quickly. Hence decided to take a pluge and upgrade my build coz of my requirements.
I would have gone for 8c/16t but it is way out of my budget. Hence going for 6c/12t.

I will be upgrading cpu, ram, mobo and case first and then go for other peripherals given the constraints.

Anything else I need to look out for?
Anyone..?

Last edited:
My suggestions would be :
1. Mobo : MSI B550M-A Pro (8.6k) if MSI is not for you then go for Gigabyte b550 aorus pro v2 (v2 has newer topology for RAM speeds and stabilizations) (16k)
I'm not familiar with ASrock mobos in this segment so can't really say anything.

2. if you decided to go with MSI mobo you'll save enough money to go for 5700G for 33.5k, Otherwise go for 5600G for 26.6k That's good CPU too.

3. Since you'll be going to upgrade in 6 months I'd suggest get a good mobo that'll go for at least 5yrs.
my last asus b350f mobo is still in great condition since 5yrs (Will be selling soon on TE forums).

Hope this helps a bit! :)

1. Mobo : MSI B550M-A Pro (8.6k) if MSI is not for you then go for Gigabyte b550 aorus pro v2 (v2 has newer topology for RAM speeds and stabilizations) (16k)
With great difficulty I managed to bring by budget to 10k for b550 primarily for longetivity. My budget is really tight-capped max upto 45k.
I would have gone with gigabyte mobo but my existing mobo(gigabyte) went bad within 3 years. The previous board, also a gigabyte, went bad after 7yrs as it was not supporting the ram. So I am a bit hesitant to opt for giga mobos this time. I live near coast and need humidity protection which is now offered by Asrock(earlier also by giga but now dropped).
Since you'll be going to upgrade in 6 months I'd suggest get a good mobo that'll go for at least 5yrs.
Shouldn't B550 mobo last me for atleast 5 years. Granted there is no such thing as future proofing in PC industry, but still I think it should hold out unless requirements don't change.

Any idea which NVME should I opt for 500gb?

Up until now (Since 5yrs) I've been on Asus Rog mobo it was really good, never had problems, but some people did had problems with asus mobos. my point is its just dumb luck we either get really good product that lasts for 7-10yrs (such as yours) and some just give up. I choose this specific mobo after review from buildzoid for at least 5 yrs of life. other than this mobo MSI one was suggested to be best. I'm not aware about humidity protection, seems very imp to your situation, so stick with ASrock but do a bit more research on its VRMs and build quality.

yes future proofing is just we should do, but plans just doesn't always go our way. My personal advice would be re-search on whatever mobo you want, that's the only way you'll be confident and will be happy with the purchase!

I'm using WD SN550 which has more than enough speed and space for C drive, that's best valued ssd in my opinion, but recently I read that WD knowingly slowed down newer SN550 SSDs. still if its not much of difference my recommendation will be same model, never experienced a WD Black SSD but its way too costly for me. :D

Are both crucial and WD based on TLC or QLC?
WD knowingly slowed down newer SN550 SSDs.
Why so? To keep the temps in check and thereby increase life? Or are they pulling an Apple by advertising higher values and then lowering the advertising value just to fool the customers.

Here is an article related to WD SN550

This video will clear things up

WD and crucial both are on QLC

For good performance you can get Samsung 980 500gb NVMe for 6k in amazon sale and Crucial P2 500gb NVMe for 4.9k
these are gen 3.0 NVMe and for a tight budget that's enough for gen 4.0 it'll cost 10 to 12k.

Since you are keeping your GPU, why are you thinking of going with APU 5600G ?

In the AMD world, onboard graphics currently comes with a cost of reducing all your PCIe slots to gen3 from gen4. Not only the graphics card slot but also your M.2 slots.

Graphics and M.2 slots seem ideal candidates for later upgrades, could be important for you as you are a long hauler, kept a PC build for 15 years.

My bad... Seems like I blindly copy-pasted from notepad. I was initially content with 5000g, switched minds after seeing comparison to 5600X and brought the latter. Thanks for pointing that out. made correction in the original post.

Btw an update, ordered cpu, ram, Mobo, from mdcomputers.
Also went for Kingston A2000 as it was the only drive with tlc and with dram. I am willing to sacrifice some speed for longetivity.
Case- Silverstone Fara R1 SST-FAR1W-G.

Last edited:
I intend to buy intake fans from DeepCool. RF120 3 in 1 pack for cooling. Amazon
But I am not interested in RGB lighting. Can we disable the lighting on such fans?
Or are there similar pmw-based non rgb-fans within Rupees 1500.

Also, I have a query. As mentioned, I have ordered components from MDComputers. The mobo in order to support Ryzen 5 series needs a bios update. I have already mentioned about updating the bios in the comment section while placing an order but I am still worried about it. If anyone has any experience from MDcomputers can anyone please confirm if they read the comments/advice and act upon it?
@kiran6680 @getmarkked

I had disconnected LED from case fans with a simple cutter and a pin long ago : but those days it used to be just 1-4 LEDs in a fan, not the whole network of multi coloured LEDs that case fans have these days. I myself have the same model of fans, and plan to cut off the LED someday. Intake lights are not an issue because they are covered by the dust filter, but exhaust fan light is very bright.

I searched, and it seems like asrock doesn't support updating BIOS without a CPU/Ram connected. Mid-high end Asus motherboards support that. Not sure how you can confirm the BIOS update before it gets shipped to you.

Nothing which can done through software??

I honestly don't get this idea of shoving RGB down everyone's throat. I mean, sure it looks great but it's not meant for everyone. Can't think of having a disco in my bedroom while trying to sleep.

Not sure how you can confirm the BIOS update before it gets shipped to you.
Honestly praying to God that MD guys read my suggestion and acted on it. A slight glimmer of hope is also that my Mobo was the last item to be shipped so hopefully they have done it. Fingers crossed

Nothing which can done through software??

I honestly don't get this idea of shoving RGB down everyone's throat. I mean, sure it looks great but it's not meant for everyone. Can't think of having a disco in my bedroom while trying to sleep.
This particular fan is not truly aRGB : so no software control. It just has a bunch of LEDs attached, which looks roughly similar to how some people setup their aRGB fans.

Proper aRGB fans are to expensive. These deepcool fans are the cheapest pwm fans I could find. I'll see what can be done with the lights.

Mod edit: Please avoid referral links

If you need a great ARGB experience in cheap then these are what I'm using

Unfortunately for you to increase fans in this you'll have to buy another set of 3, you cannot buy separate singe fan

You can switch off RGB or connect it to your mobo also for sync
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also if you're not into RGB my strong suggestion would be

Great Cooling Fans that'll actually push good amount of air plus PWM fan pins
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MDComputers will help you, but just to be sure do call them tomorrow to confirm BIOS update to latest version

I'm using Ant Esports 3 Fan ARGB Kit which costs 2.2k but has means to switch off the LEDs completely.
sometimes if you feel like it..... it can also be connected to your mobo for sync.

Sadly we cannot buy more fans separately, But at 2.2k It's satisfying product!

Also if you just need Black PWM fans my recommendation will be Arctic 120mm PWM fans, Those are seriously nice, Select one with Black/Transparent on Amazon.

MDcomputers will surely help you, just to be sure give them a call tomorrow about BIOS update, its seriously imp.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, already got Kingston A2000. Will evaluate the performance and later on migrate to Gen4 drives.
So I went with Arctic 120mm fans x 2. Wanted to get 3(2 in front, 1 at the rear) but it was a bit on higher side. Besides, I think two should do the job since my machine won't be under too much stress(no gaming). What are you views?
MDcomputers will surely help you, just to be sure give them a call tomorrow about BIOS update, its seriously imp.
Called them up. They told that if you have mentioned under the feedback/instructions they will be taken care off. That was re-assuring.

Last edited:
So I went with Arctic 120mm fans x 2. Wanted to get 3(2 in front, 1 at the rear) but it was a bit on higher side. Besides, I think two should do the job since my machine won't be under too much stress(no gaming). What are you views?
I have used P12 as well as P12 rgb. They are great static pressure fans but a bit low on CFM for my liking.They are silent and can get the job done

Overall happy with the upgrade. Performance is a breeze. Feels snappy to use. Haven't yet got the opportunity to push this baby but will definitely do it in the future. Thank you guys for your suggestions.
P.S. I might get another 16 gig if I am running out on memory. Already had 12 gigs used up at one time.

Overall happy with the upgrade. Performance is a breeze. Feels snappy to use. Haven't yet got the opportunity to push this baby but will definitely do it in the future. Thank you guys for your suggestions.
P.S. I might get another 16 gig if I am running out on memory. Already had 12 gigs used up at one time.
so what you have Bought and at what price ?

Back