Need suggestions for pc with quad core . 27K budget [for the parts inside cabinet]

mtsandeep

Disciple
Hello friends, one of my friend needs a rig, he said its for processor intensive work.
He need a quadcore(6 core won't fit in the budget i guess). 4GB or more ram. a supporting motherboard.
I was looking at Biostar 785G3 HD + phenom II X4 955 . (is the biostar mobo good enough)

so i need some suggestions on this, a good quadcore + motherboard + 4 or more ddr3 ram + 500GB harddisk + cabinet + psu( if the psu coming along with the cabinet works safe, its okay).
He won't be buying a graphics card as he won't be playing any games.

Please give suggestions for processor motherboard, ram brand, psu etc.

Q: What is your budget?
25-27k (procy + mobo + ram + HDD + Cabinet+psu)

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration
NONE

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping
NONE

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name).

CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 955
Motherboard - Biostar 785G3 HD

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
No, won't be upgrading for a year or two

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Cochin(kerala)

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
NO

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
cpu intensive work.
NO GAMING/Animation/rendering etc

Q: Are you looking to overclock?
No (may be after 6 months or so, still chances are less)

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 7 64 bit

Re: Need suggestions for pc with quad core . 27K budget [for the parts inside cabinet

1. AMD Phenom II X4 955-8.2k
2. Gigabyte 785gmt usb3-5.8k
3. Mushkin 4gb ddr3-6k
4. Seagate 500gb/1tb hdd-2k0/3.3k
5. cabinet-nzxt gamma-2.1k
6. PSU-FSP saga 400w-2k
Total-26.1k/27.4k

Re: Need suggestions for pc with quad core . 27K budget [for the parts inside cabinet

thanks tech_savy, is gigabyte better than biostar ? or is it for the usb 3?

Gigabyte Better than Biostar plus u get USB 3. But i u feel u dont need USB 3.0 now then go with the Biostar TA785G3HD. Its a good borad for ~4.5k.
Dont go for the PSU's that comes with the Cabinet as they dont deliver the rated power and have lousy efficiency and the power delivered by it is not pure. Invest in a decent Entry level PSU.
For Entry level PSU look for Brands such as FSP's SAGAII series or Zebronics Pro. Dont go for Cooler Master Exterme Power/ CM Exterme Power Plus. They are of bad quality.
For RAM's Kingston 4GB(2*2) DDRIII ~ 5k would suffice as i guess u wouldnt be able to find Mushkin in ur locality.

cpu+mobo = phenom II x6 1055t + ga 785gmt us2h @ 14k

ram =kingston 2X2gb ddr3 @5k

case + psu = cooler master 310 + fsp saga 400w@ 3.1k

hdd : 500gb seagate @ 2k

odd : lg @ 900

total = 25k :)

cpu intensive so 6 cores is very good :)

plus the onboard hd 4200 you can game a bit :)

buddingwhizkid said:
cpu+mobo = phenom II x6 1055t + ga 785gmt us2h @ 14k
ram =kingston 2gb ddr3 @5k
case + psu = cooler master 310 + fsp saga 400w@ 3.1k
hdd : 500gb seagate @ 2k
odd : lg @ 900
total = 25k :)
cpu intensive so 6 cores is very good :)
plus the onboard hd 4200 you can game a bit :)
cool, can u give the individual price for 1055t and the mobo ?
I like the biostar boards, my brother bought a TA790GX a3+ which is good and doesn't had any problems till now (bought 6 months ago).

4.4k for mobo and 9.8k for the 1055t :)

i got a biostar mobo + 1055t deal for 14k , but this one is better !

btw the prices are from np so may differ at your place so visiting there once would be a nice option :)

yes, it cost more. I just had a visit to a shop nearby. kingston ram costs around 2950 here and so... everything looks 200 to 300 higher here.

I have asked about the availability of 1055t, haven't got the price yet.

so ga 785gmt us2h better than biostar 785G3 HD ?
I think price is almost same ...

Gigabyte Mobos are good... they have great after sales service too. I personally feel Gigabyte is the best choice at such reasonable price.

yup go with gigabyte ! i am using the same mobo as suggested and it is quite nice :)

you can overclock the 1055t too ! the heatsink on x6 are very nice but the fan is a bit noisy ! :)

Back