Car & Bike Need suggestions under 150/160 cc segment

FZ 16
<

what ? You wanna gift him this bike ?
<

@tipu185 : Congrats on your new bike.Drive safe....& do leave us a small feedback.

Would be helpful for noobs like me.
rolleye17.gif

Am new to this scenario of biking....still not able to decide a bike for me....maybe due to lots of choices...
sign42.gif

I too have shortlisted Apache 160 keeping 150/160 cc segment in mind.Especially after the BEST charges have soared here in mumbai
cry.gif

So please do provide your feedback.

still not able to decide a bike for me....maybe due to lots of choices...
sign42.gif

I too have shortlisted Apache 160 keeping 150/160 cc segment in mind.

I had the same problem. was confused between CBZ-KARIZMAr-APACHE-YamaSZR-Dazzler ; so i asked TE friends.

Post ur BUDGET,HEIGHT ?

Apache 160 HyperEdge RD : (Personaly what i felt,keeping aside the Regular Pros and cons)

Pros:

Looks Sporty withing the Budget .Still, U can convince ur parents that its not a SPORT bike..hahah

PICK UP ! - 15.2 bhp and its sound

born for cornering, so has nice control .

Cons:

TVS tyres are slippery not only on Mud but also water .espcially rear tyres .. thats a serious issue, and i bought Rear Disc Brake model
facepalm.gif

Vibrations : yes (can be reduced later with synthetic oil)

TVS Service , but it may vary from city to city

CBZ , Apache160 and FZ , all are more less the same for City Driving (Considering Mumbai's Traffic issues)
2bb7cd0d.gif

I dont know about Yamaha SZ-R , but seems affordable bike.So is Pulser 135 :p

Unicorn and Dazzler are WORST looking bike according to me (esp their Handles) but Performance wise ;they ROCK !

If u have Short distance riding like me ;then sure go for Apache. Its easier in traffic as the bike is short .

BTW i read somewhere consumer complaints about PRIYANKA TVS, Panvel .

The Yamaha SZ-R is the direct competitor to the Discover 150 and fails to impress on all counts including the famed Yamaha build quality. It should be avoided at any and all costs!

#tipu185 how much did u pay in total for the bike.

went to the showroom and the 2012 model is already on display,here in Mumbai.

Just wanted to check on the prices.

The new rtr 160 costs 81k
cry.gif

#Arv90 Rs. 77850 for Apache Old Model Rear Disc version ; for Yellow colour u need to shell out 1.7K more . On-road price must Be Low in Mumbai

#sunny27 happy that i didn't bought SZ-R

#[member='JuGGa'] New Apache is really TURN-OFF in real too ; Feels so Plasticy

and Thanks for the Tag info

^Why are you feeling like that? I never felt apache "plasticy".

Update: tomorrow I'm going to buy an apache, although its 2nd hand. Hadn't enough money for new
sad.gif
, but am still happy and excited
yahoo.gif

^Why are you feeling like that? I never felt apache "plasticy".

Update: tomorrow I'm going to buy an apache, although its 2nd hand. Hadn't enough money for new
sad.gif
, but am still happy and excited
yahoo.gif

Congratulations in Advance ; I was talking about NEW 2012 Apache ; i sticked to the older version

Congratulations in Advance ; I was talking about NEW 2012 Apache ; i sticked to the older version

Ya, design wise new apache is not so promising. Good that you got the older one
<
Now vroom vroom
<

btw did you opt for Fi version?

Nah! Not the Fi version ;

Also I am thinking about Substituting TVS Rear tyre with MRF Tubeless tyres before rainy season starts ; coz of Apache's Skidding Notoriety.

Why, its engine is more refined and mileage is also better.

Better mileage ? i read only performance wise ( not related to mileage) Fi was better ; anyway i Had strict limited Budget.

Also Fi Requires proper maintenance ; And TVS service centres are the Nazis for their own Bikes !
crazy.gif

Better mileage ? i read only performance wise ( not related to mileage) Fi was better ; anyway i Had strict limited Budget.

Also Fi Requires proper maintenance ; And TVS service centres are the Nazis for their own Bikes !
crazy.gif

Fuel injection is built to use every drop of oil you put in, eventually the better mileage. 5-10KM/l more.

And, no performance increment, just smooth power delivery.

Can someone,here explain me the difference between fi and the hyperedge version??

The TVS dealer here has already started giving 2.5k discount on the old 180 rtr,but 2012 manufactured, for 83k. The ABS version costs 97k
sign42.gif

Back