Android Need tablet suggestion within 20k

pom99

Disciple
Hi all

Need recommendations for a tablet within 20k for mainly watching movies and browsing online. Needs to have Google Play Store and Google Apps so no Huawei and Honor tabs I guess.

Regards

If there's any way you can get it from there (friend coming down etc) the Amazon fire HD 10 is an awesome tab for $99.99

All the tabs here suck or are too costly

If there's any way you can get it from there (friend coming down etc) the Amazon fire HD 10 is an awesome tab for $99.99

All the tabs here suck or are too costly

I am a Fire 10 HD user since Aug 2018. I bought it when I was in US. I am very satisfied with it as a media consumption device. It does not have Google store but installalling it is super easy.
Screen is great full HD and It has the L1 DRM so from official apps like hotstar, Netflix content can play in Full HD. I don't use the tab for any productivity.
On rare occasions when it slows, I just restart it once. Battery life is great.

But I would suggest anyone to first check locally if any other alternates are available as $100 price is usually when they are on sale and not normal price and add tax to it and it will be $110 and then customs and shipping would eat a lot of money if you don't have a friend bringing it in.

Rather buy something locally. May be samsung.

Last edited:
This recommendation is needed for a friend. He wants to buy locally and doesn't have anyone who can bring it in from abroad. On thing i forgot to mention is about size - 8 inch to 10 inch tab wanted. Ideally 10 inch preferred but if not within budget can look at 8 inch too.

Thanks for the Fire 10 recommendations but can't find it in India. If you know any India site that sells it, lmk. The user will mostly use it to load movies from a memory card and watch them.
Samsung models being sold below 20k has 2GB RAM and so that raises slight alarm bells in my mind. Will it be adequate ? Nobody wants to make a purchase they might regret later.

Huawei and Honor would have fit the bill but not sure if Google Play Store will be usable on them now. That leaves me with this 8 inch model of Lenovo.

In 10 inch category , more than 2 GB category I have this option - (wil need external memory card immediately though)

This recommendation is needed for a friend. He wants to buy locally and doesn't have anyone who can bring it in from abroad. On thing i forgot to mention is about size - 8 inch to 10 inch tab wanted. Ideally 10 inch preferred but if not within budget can look at 8 inch too.

Thanks for the Fire 10 recommendations but can't find it in India. If you know any India site that sells it, lmk. The user will mostly use it to load movies from a memory card and watch them.
Samsung models being sold below 20k has 2GB RAM and so that raises slight alarm bells in my mind. Will it be adequate ? Nobody wants to make a purchase they might regret later.

Huawei and Honor would have fit the bill but not sure if Google Play Store will be usable on them now. That leaves me with this 8 inch model of Lenovo.

In 10 inch category , more than 2 GB category I have this option - (wil need external memory card immediately though)

I am sure you can google before hand if you can load Google play store on this honor etc tabs. Also fire hd 10 also has 2 GB RAM. Honestly. If someone is just watching movies, that 2GB won't be an issue.

I also use Amazon Fire 7 tab exclusively for watching tv shows on the go (in office bus) and yes it is slow due to 1GB RAM, still very much works for my video watching needs.

Back