Need to buy 500GB/1TB external hard drives in BULK

ripper

Disciple
Hi guys,

I have been asked to buy either a 500GB or a 1TB external HD for the employees. The budget is around 3500 per unit. Around 12 pieces

My q is ... Which is better... The self powered compact ones or the bookish type, power plug ones?

And.. which brand is available in B'lore?... Keen on either WD or Iomega ..whats the feedback on other brands???

Usage is for general data storage at home for my collegaues.

And any recommendations on where to buy in Bangalore.... good deals etc@!

You'll not get anything good in 3500 budget... increase yur budget to around 4000 to get 500GB external...For external deal contact TheITWares or Mediahome.....For 12 pieces i think they will give you good discount.....

2.5" will be more expensive than 3.5"....go for 3.5" ones as they are for use at home...... get seagate if u want 5 yrs warranty or go for WD if u don't want RMA pbls.....

Punker said:
You'll not get anything good in 3500 budget... increase yur budget to around 4000 to get 500GB external...For external deal contact TheITWares or Mediahome.....For 12 pieces i think they will give you good discount.....
Thanks Boss.. But which brand are dependable?... any ideas...

i will advise you to go with 2.5 inch ones as they are considerably smaller and lighter than 3.5 inch hard drives. you can just carry your 2.5" Hard disk in your laptop bag without feeling any extra weight. Moreover, the 3.5" ones require power supply and your data transfer gets stuck in between during power cuts. so go for 3.5" hard drive only if you want the 1TB storage space.

You can get both 2.5" and 3.5" drives at good prices in bangalore at SP road. you can post in the SP road thread and get price updates by fellow members, here is the link:

http://www.techenclave.com/pc-buying-advice/price-updates-s-p-road-bangalore-137837-31.html

^ i suggested him 3.5" mainly because of his budget... n he is saying hard drives will be used at home and are not for office use....

Back