Need to buy a cheap dual sim phone : ~1.5k

Samsung E1252. Great battery and voice clarity. But just a basic phone for calls and messages, no GPRS.
But has got awesome storage, 1000 SMS and 1000 Contacts memory and all basic functions are good.

Suggest a basic dual SIM Phone

Thanks to the amazing battery life of my HTC Desire, I always carry a back up phone, usually my Nokia 6600.

Now I want to move to a basic dual SIM phone as my back up phone instead of getting extended battery for Desire.

I'm Looking at

Nokia X1-01

Micromax X11i.

Samsung E1252

Which do you think is better??

My mind was set on Nokia X1, but I can save almost 500 on the Micromax which has similar battery life & a few extra options.

Suggestions please :)

Mod edit: Merged the threads since they are both similar.

I would suggest the Nokia X1-01 over the Samsung E1252.

Both are dual SIM standy phone. "in idle mode you can receive call on both sim but when one sim is busy in call, other sim will become inactive. caller will be informed that secondary sim is switched off."

The nokia has a larger battery and a smaller screen and a larger battery. So the backup will be higher.

But users are complaining about random reboots. So read them fully to see whether its a one off issue before zeroing in on the phone.

DarkAngel said:
I would suggest the Nokia X1-01 over the Samsung E1252.

Both are dual SIM standy phone. "in idle mode you can receive call on both sim but when one sim is busy in call, other sim will become inactive. caller will be informed that secondary sim is switched off."

The nokia has a larger battery and a smaller screen and a larger battery. So the backup will be higher.

But users are complaining about random reboots. So read them fully to see whether its a one off issue before zeroing in on the phone.

Thank you :)

Just now got to know that my dad bought a X1 for him, So I'm skipping that. I'll buy something else so that we can swap phones for a change ;)

What do you say about the Micromax X11i ?? I've got no experience with Micromax but friends are saying quality is good & battery life is long. Since it is the cheapest of the lot, I'm curious to know how it performs else suggest me some Samsung models

sriharsha_m said:
Thank you :)

Just now got to know that my dad bought a X1 for him, So I'm skipping that. I'll buy something else so that we can swap phones for a change ;)

What do you say about the Micromax X11i ?? I've got no experience with Micromax but friends are saying quality is good & battery life is long. Since it is the cheapest of the lot, I'm curious to know how it performs else suggest me some Samsung models

I dont recommend phones that doesnt disclose SAR values. The Guru is a proven series and played around 3 of them and they are still going strong. E1070 for 2 years. E1160 for 1.5 years and E117x for 10 months.

Cousin got a Micromax Q2+ and the camera is among the poorest i have seen among mobiles and his microSDHC card got corrupted. The chassis looks ok but i wouldnt personally recommend these phones.

Also i am not sure whether the X11i is dual SIM standy or whether just one SIM works at a time!

I am using the Samsung E1252 from last 4-5 months and had no issue. the battery backup is too good for my usage(~4 days.. never observed my call usage).

It has options like FM,application lock(can lock applications like call logs, Messages),fake call:eek:hyeah: (but i never use it), and texting is too easy with the tab navigation which makes easy to add the recent contacts, or from favourites or contacts.

Back