Storage Solutions Need to buy a New HDD for OS,Gaming and Downloading purpose

Yes, I meant on same. In same thread prime from Delhi had god HDD replaced in 4 days flat. Where as I m from a suburb 50KMs away from Mumbai and technically not in Mumbai, RMA for me took approx 9 days after I posted to there FB page. In case of Seagate a guy from Mumbai as well as guy like me both rely on Accel's service. :)

Yes, I meant on same. In same thread prime from Delhi had god HDD replaced in 4 days flat. Where as I m from a suburb 50KMs away from Mumbai and technically not in Mumbai, RMA for me took approx 9 days after I posted to there FB page. In case of Seagate a guy from Mumbai as well as guy like me both rely on Accel's service. :)

okz bro the other guy quoted me 7k for wd black used one so it was too out of budget.

Vyral gave the amazon link for black which costs 4.4 k.
Even wd green is listed at same price at fk. So its a steal at such a rate
Black used @ 7k,lol that guy selling needs a mental checkup. Even in other sites like snapdeal it is selling for 5.8 k

Vyral gave the amazon link for black which costs 4.4 k.
Even wd green is listed at same price at fk. So its a steal at such a rate
Black used @ 7k,lol that guy selling needs a mental checkup. Even in other sites like snapdeal it is selling for 5.8 k

Hehe bro thats 2Tb drive which he is selling :p

Check on the warranty. Amazon lists it as having a 1 year warranty only. The WD black should come with 5 years.

Yes bro that is why I prefer to buy HD from a verified dealer,no offence for Amazon though but don't want any kind of problem at all after the purchase.All these ebay,junglee and amazon put it wrong sometimes so we should be careful and enquire fully before we make any purchase

If you see in the product description it is clearly mentioned 5 yrs wd warranty.
It did not say that last night; they updated it this morning. Looks like it was a typo, since they forgot to update Product information which still says 1 year warranty. Its out of stock now anyway.

It did not say that last night; they updated it this morning. Looks like it was a typo, since they forgot to update Product information which still says 1 year warranty. Its out of stock now anyway.

it was available today too they probably must have realized that they are giving it too cheap :p

i got the product in afternoon, and i got the shock of my life that the hdd delivered to me was "green" version. it is a fraud of highest kind when you are selling online.

the packaging was horrendous, not even a single bubble paper was used to wrap hdd. i have never seen such a pathetic packaging for any product ordered online.

when complained to the amazon, they simply telling contact the seller. bloody idiots are not even issuing a complain no for it.

If this is the level of service they are providing, i don't know how they will survive in inida. really pissed off

i got the product in afternoon, and i got the shock of my life that the hdd delivered to me was "green" version. it is a fraud of highest kind when you are selling online.

the packaging was horrendous, not even a single bubble paper was used to wrap hdd. i have never seen such a pathetic packaging for any product ordered online.

when complained to the amazon, they simply telling contact the seller. bloody idiots are not even issuing a complain no for it.

If this is the level of service they are providing, i don't know how they will survive in inida. really pissed off

OMG man that is pathetic.You should contact the seller and if he does the same tell him you would report it to cyber people.Selling different products other that the listed is cheating after all.Do not let this go bro otherwise some day one of us also would get sued like this.Do take a legal action.

its advisable not to put all your eggs into one basket. Check the current status of drives using HD Tune or HD Sentinel. Also have a warranty check of the drives.
If warranty and health is good, hold onto these drives and get yourself a 1TB or 2TB drive from WD or Seagate, the option is yours.
Have the 500GB configured as your OS Drive and your 160GB as your scratch disk which can be used to download your torrents and stuff. And the 1TB or 2TB drive as your storage.
A lot of drives are failing these days.. so take a wise step!

its would be wise if you started a Amazon India feedback thread and put in more information as to what you have gone through.. so other fellow members are aware what went wrong and what probable problems may arise later on.

Yes bro you are absolutely correct seagate takes minimum of 1 month RMA and also I have heard that they give refurbished units after RMA while WD gives new drives straight away.
WD too gives re-certified drives now. They did use to give new drives, but it all changed after the floods in Thailand i think.

What is the RMA period for seagate hdd nowadays guys ? . I have given my portable 500gb seagate hdd for the 2nd time, and they are taking 20 days to deliver it. Is that the situation everywhere or just in Chennai ?

What is the RMA period for seagate hdd nowadays guys ? . I have given my portable 500gb seagate hdd for the 2nd time, and they are taking 20 days to deliver it. Is that the situation everywhere or just in Chennai ?

Have you made any follow up? Cos in Chennai, things are actually taken for granted situation!

Regardless of the follow ups this is happening. Prior to the arrival of hdd in chennai, last time i got a mail from Singapore which stated about its arrival.

I think i have to switch to WD. Service center they say it takes 12 days....

Back