Need to buy a Windows Mobile Phone - WHich one?

superczar

Skilled
Need to buy a Windows Mobile phone for someone as a gift

It's been a while since I have been out of the mobile phone know-how

A quick check on Univercell revealed multiple WM phones , mostly from HTC ranging in price between 10k-30K

Interestingly, I did not spot any major specification differences along the price range, esp. on HTC

Any pointers?

depends on ur budget my friend >>

Between the HTC touch and HTC touch dual, there is a diff of WiFi, the latter skips out on it >

If you really want to spend 30k >> go for the HTC Touch DIamond >> Its a beautiful phone, loaded with features such as WiFi, GPS, FM, Windows mobile 6.1 and a 528Mhz processor with 4GB memory

Stay away from HTC, HTC service is not good. Also you will not get any accessories, if you would require later. Build quality of the HTC is also not that good.

As we discussed over phone, check the Asus mobiles. P526 and P527, comes with GPS. Price is also decent.

First are u going for a touch screen fone?
if yes then just remember that these are delicate...
also if u are not familiar with typing on ON-screen keyboard its pain in the ass.....so look for a QWERTY keypad....like imate k-jam, HTC tytn, tytn II or the touch pro.
but the fones with keypad are bulky though and pricey too......

gmano said:
Stay away from HTC, HTC service is not good. Also you will not get any accessories, if you would require later. Build quality of the HTC is also not that good.

As we discussed over phone, check the Asus mobiles. P526 and P527, comes with GPS. Price is also decent.

Err... a correction here. If you are a business/exec user then these phones are meant for you. However if you don't like to take the effort of taking care of the phone (means respectable handling (read students)) then these phones are not really meant for you.

~LT

IceFusion said:
depends on ur budget my friend >>

Between the HTC touch and HTC touch dual, there is a diff of WiFi, the latter skips out on it >

If you really want to spend 30k >> go for the HTC Touch DIamond >> Its a beautiful phone, loaded with features such as WiFi, GPS, FM, Windows mobile 6.1 and a 528Mhz processor with 4GB memory

:eek:hyeah: +1

~LT

linuxtechie said:
Err... a correction here. If you are a business/exec user then these phones are meant for you. However if you don't like to take the effort of taking care of the phone (means respectable handling (read students)) then these phones are not really meant for you.

~LT

I am a lawyer, I use my phones very carefully. I have used HTC phones, seen enough problems. HTC, no thanks :p. Whatever you tell, build quality of HTC phones are not as good as other phones.

http://www.techenclave.com/mobile-phones/htc-service-pathetic-108744.html

If you are a business/exec user then these phones are meant for you. However if you don't like to take the effort of taking care of the phone (means respectable handling (read students)

err...who says business/exec users can take care of their phones, or have the time/inclination to use their phone with kid gloves? :bleh:

Hmm,

mine experience is very different about HTC then. I have been using them for more than a year and the phone has not put me down. Nokia did, Motorola did, SE also did but was far better compared to Nokia/Samsung/Motorola/LG.

I won't call myself a very careful person, yet do give it required care and thats all. These piece of hardware (HTC), imho are marvelous, so much incredible computing power elegantly packed into a single piece, just for that reason, I appreciate HTC. For the same price, everybody else will cheat in the name of look, mega pixels and other phony features termed as SmartPhone, however only truly HTC and now IPhone are Smartphone, wherein they would allow you to add dynamics into the phone.

I for a long time was using Nokia and now repent for the lost time.

~LT

How about waiting for the sony xperia X1, if you have the time

On a side note, HTC should definitely improve their service. Many people are loosing faith in them

gmano said:

Ouchh That Hurts. HTC has problem with its service for sure. But Built quality is best Widows Mobile has ever had, That is why its number one Brand in Wondows mobile today. What wrong with you? Whats your source?

Yeah Very nice advice. Buy Asus and be ready for lousy service, and Convincing people that yes this is a mobile brand. And moreover you'll have a tough time reselling it. Price is okay. But still I will stay away from it
By the way Asus 527 was 17.5K just few weeks ago. Think about people who bought it then. And now its for 15.5K. Thats like backstabbing

praka123 said:
why windows mobile?Isnt symbian smartfones serve the best? :)

No bro. Symbians are still not as smart as windows mobile. And there are hardly any Symbian smartphones.

somebodystopme said:
Ouchh That Hurts. HTC has problem with its service for sure. But Built quality is best Widows Mobile has ever had, That is why its number one Brand in Wondows mobile today. What wrong with you? Whats your source?

He had a S710. That's his source. Even I own a S710 and you got to say that the slider becomes loose too soon. Tell me, do you know any smartphone that is not a HTC OEM (apart from ASUS) ? :p

somebodystopme said:
Yeah Very nice advice. Buy Asus and be ready for lousy service, and Convincing people that yes this is a mobile brand. And moreover you'll have a tough time reselling it. Price is okay. But still I will stay away from it
By the way Asus 527 was 17.5K just few weeks ago. Think about people who bought it then. And now its for 15.5K. Thats like backstabbing

Any suggestions on a Win MO brand that is backed by good service ? Why would you want to go about convincing people of ASUS as a mobile brand ? At least, not me. I buy and use a phone for the features that it offers me and not to show-off or convince others that it's indeed a phone.

As for the prices, that's the way it always goes in electronic items. You cant help it.

Back