Need to buy an Ipod Dock

kenkanya

Disciple
Jul 15, 2009
Hi folks,
I am looking to get an ipod dock. Any good ones? I require dock with remote. I have powered speakers and i would like to connect to the dock. I will require my ipod to charge the same.
I found that JBL On Stage Micro does not charge this particular model of ipod. My requirements fit with Onkyo DS-A2/DS-A3. But iam not able to locate one close to my budget. I see DS-A3 can be used if using a Video Out. But how is the video out to TV? Is it good? Denon model does not have a remote.

Budget: 5k (max)
Item: Ipod Nano 4G
Speakers: AudioEngine A2 (powered speakers)

Note: I do not need built in speakers on the ipod dock as i would like to connect my A2 with the dock.

Any shop in bangalore has it? Or any site to buy online?
Folks, do let me know.

kenkanya

Disciple
Jul 15, 2009
I got the DS-A3 onkyo ipod dock.
I got this from my friend and see that it has the US adaptor with it. It has the US plug point (2 flat pin - http://milkyourmoney.com/wp-content/...09/04/plug.jpg picture shown is 3 pin, but i have the bottom ie., 2 pin) and i see the sticker on the adapter mentions input as 100-240V. Can i use this? Or should i need to buy a converter? If so, what converter, price?
I will plug this to the Belkin 6 way surge protector which i understand accepts both US and Indian plug points.

What i plan to use:
Ipod dock
Ipod Nano 4G
A2 (Audio Engine)

Shall i go ahead with this setup (use of the US adapter) without burning my stuff? Or do provide inputs.