Need to buy my 2nd Android

I am a Samsung Spica user for almost 2 years. Lot of devs came together in making it a better phone, but still it is quite slow and buggy. I have been holding on to the thought of getting a new phone coz i dont want to spend too much cash on it. I wanted to use this phone until it breaks. But it hangs so often that i fell like throwing it. Even normal tasks like opening contacts, making a phone call is sluggish.

So i need a Android phone with good dev support and ICS update. Below are my requirements. I can manage with my current phone for another 2-3 months. Are there any new phones coming out. Should i wait or get a new one right now. I should be able to get the best out of android. No more buggy low end android devices for me.

1. Q: Budget?

Upto 25k

3. Q: Preferred display type?

No Preference

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

No

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?

Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

Need a good camera.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).

Android, Windows(if there are lot of apps)

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).

3G

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?

Mails, Browsing, Camera, Apps, Games

10. Q: Any other requirements?

Good Dev Support, ICS, Battery life of atleast 1 day with medium usage

wait for a while..

next gen androids will start rolling out pretty soon..

get the s2 if and when its price drops..

and if that doesn't happen, you'll have other options around your budget soon..

alternatively, you may buy the SGR from ebay @23.5k..

or

Search for deals on it locally if its in stock..

SGR as of now doesnt have good dev support. Cant believe in samsung to bring ICS to it. It is released only in few countries. They can easily neglect it. In that case will be stuck with Gingerbread.

LG Optimus 2X, is it still available?

Is Galaxy SII I9100 available. I heard you are only getting I9100G in India. Dont think its worth 30k

If you can wait for 2-3 months then i am sure, the market will flood with US models of galaxy S2 available for 18-20k, or at that time you could get a new S2 with warranty for 25k easily.

Samm003

[font=arial, sans-serif]wait for a while..[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]next gen androids will start rolling out pretty soon..[/font]

What do you mean by next gen androids?
<

Waiting doesn't end!

Go for gs2 and stretch your budget little higher or if you okay with 2nd hand, buy s2 from 23k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just hold your money for 2 month dude, lot of quad-core phones from HTC, Samsung and LG portfolio are coming by the end of feb , and will hit Indian shores by April-May, so i think it better to wait and watch rather than buying old gem
<

SGR as of now doesnt have good dev support. Cant believe in samsung to bring ICS to it. It is released only in few countries. They can easily neglect it.

How can you be so sure that Samsung will neglect R ?
<

Dev support for R is increasing by the day. The phone was released in the market in the August-September 2011 time frame, so give it some time for the dev support to increase buddy.

Galaxy R i9103 perfectly matches swordfish123 's needs. Its lag free and battery will easily last a day on medium usage. So grab it ASAP before the stock finishes man.

At Letsbuy Galaxy R is currently available at 23k & you get a Rs 1200 worth Jabra Bluetooth Headset BT2045 free ! Wish this was there when I wanted to buy it.

Here 's the link:

http://www.letsbuy.com/samsung-galaxy-i9103-r-metallic-grey--p-26917

#swordfish123 keep us updated on what you finally buy.

Hope it helps.
<

I had worked in Samsung for a brief period. Still have some friends over there. They practically change their decisions every other day. I was working in their bada team and quit after 2 months. They move teams and people to other projects without much rationale. All the work done in the current project goes waste. They jut give updates to their flagship devices and ignore the rest. I dont blame them for that. They are making good money with this business model.

Anyway will wait for some more time. For now will continue to use my Spica.

Back