Need to buy PC components

meterate

Disciple
Hi,
I want to upgrade my PC. I will post my current configuration. Please let me know what can be done.

Current PC:
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 (630) CPU 3.00GHz
Package (platform ID): Socket 775 LGA (0x4)

Chipset:
Northbridge: Intel P35/G33/G31 rev. 10
Southbridge : Intel 82801GB (ICH7/R) rev. A1

RAM:
DDR 2 = 2048 MBytes

Graphic Card: Sapphire HD 4670, 512 MB

Chasis: Normal ordinary cabinet with single fan outlet.

New Components: ( Recently bought)
Dell 2420L 24inch LED monitor
Corsair 650TX V2 cpu

Regarding Graphic card upgrade, i wanna wait till custom 7970 kicks in or for 6950's price to get reduced.
But will my current graphic card withstand monitor resolution of 1920 x 1080.
I am not a overclocker and right now due to budget constraints i am not looking for future proof of atleast 2 years. So anything which will be suitable for that target resolution will suffice. But i dont want lags, i dont want low graphic settings.

I play Role Playing games, fifa, nfs etc. I wanted to play games with settings maxed out without any lag / bottlenecks while gaming or watching blue ray movies.

Preferable DDR3 RAM -> 2 X 4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600

Please suggest me the accurate motherboard and processor combination for 1080P gaming. Does not matter of its Intel( i dont have SSD, so will Z68 be useful for me) or AMD. Without graphic card i would go till 20 K for processor, motherboard and RAM.
If i have left over money from that i would buy a UPS and a chasis. Please note that i am leaving out any graphic card.

Also, is it possible that with the upgraded configuration, my 4670 handle the gaming and all ? I just wanted to wait another 3 months. So any lag due to current graphic card is ok. But not due to the upgraded processor.

For chasis, my expectations are that it should be silent, no Eye Candy Stuff -> that is no need LED lights and all. Would be superb if it has atleast one USB 3.0 support, but not for greater price. Looking at NZXT Gamma, i am pretty impressed.
Since i dont have too many devices, a simple cable management is enough for me.

Waiting for response..

You will need a complete re haul of your machine if you want to play at 1080p. with the exception of the SMPS and the monitor, you will need to throw the rest out.

However, we will need a budget before we can make any suggestions.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

OK. For 20K, you can get an i3 2100 + Z68 + 4GB (2x2) OR i5 2400 + H67 + 2x2GB.

Pro-Intel i5 2400-10.8k

Mobo-Intel DH67BL-B3-5.6K

Ram-Corsair xms3 2X4GB 1600mhz ddr3-3.5k or Gskill ripjaws X 2X4GB 1600mhz ddr3-3.3k

Hope this helps.

Though am not on a strict budget, if i need to increase my budget i need to wait another month. That's why i am doing it one by one.
First i went on to buy monitor and PSU. In another 2 days i will be buying a cabinet for sure.
I want my next step to be buying processor + Motherboard. ( RAM will always be Corsair Vengeance 2X 4GB).
Lets say am going with a I5 + H67 combination, what all will i be losing for not going for a Z68 motherboard apart from overclocking ?
Even if i go with a CPU upgrade, will my HD4670 handle the gaming aspect at least in normal settings
Also an alternate cheaper and equivalent option from AMD is also OK for me.

For a complete Overhaul, am looking at something around 40 to 45 K max( considering am going for HD6950).
That would take time for me and that's why am doing it step by step.

Back