Need to Buy Screwdriver set with Magnetic feature.

princeoo7

On a Journey called Life :P
Skilled
I was thinking of like buying the amazonn basic and attacting a small magnet to it when magnetic effect is need. should it work ?

roofrider

I got one of these too! o_O
Adept
Subbed. I posted in the DIY thread when I was wondering if there was a branded set here, like let's say ifixit, but nope.
You need to specifically check for magnetic bits and not magnetic ratchets.

Came across this, not sure of the quality

N

NotMyRealName

For Mi Precision Kit, it will be an issue if one has to work with live electric supply as the entire kit is metal only.
Why would you use a precision screwdriver for electric supply work? More importantly you're supposed to switch off the supply first before using ANY screwdriver.

D C

Adept
I have a non magnetic screwdriver set. I just stick a coin battery sized magnet above the bit(probably pulled from a small old speaker). Makes it magnetic. Can pick screws easily. Also can use the magnet on a long screwdriver to pull deep/lost screws.

JMak

Adept

technofast

Huh?
Adept
This should fit the bill perfectly I guess

Looks like they are giving away Rs100 cashback through paytm for 5 star review. However I bought this couple of months back and it is of good quality but slightly priced higher.

nRiTeCh

Skilled
I prefer to shop these locally/physically in hardware shops. You actually get to know how good is the bits quality.
I bought one magnetic for mobile cum pc usage 11yrs ago for 400 bucks & its still serving me really well. Its was some Chinese but was suggested by few shops for its sturdiness.
Back then I was into mobile repairs etc. (only personal/hobby purpose) and required single set for multiple use. Thus it takes cares of all my household equipments....kitchware/electric stuff/pc/phone/furniture and almost everything I require it for..

xkcd0137

Adept
Which screw driver do you people use to build PC?

I have few screw drivers but they are a bit short and I found it really difficult to screw down cpu cooler on mobo or mobo in pc case.