Laptops Need to get my laptop from Gandhinagar to Bangalore. Any ideas?

mayank11280

Disciple
Hey,

So, I recently got a new laptop and a few items along with it from US. These are with a friend in Gandhinagar. I am in Bangalore.

I am not sure about how to get these items from there to here. I looked for shipping services, but I am not sure which one would be the cheap and the best.

You valuable suggestions will really help me out.

Also, if anyone is coming from Gandhinagar to Bangalore any time soon, may reach out too.

Thank you.

2% is kind of industry standard. Just make sure that you do bulletproof packing. It's a difficult job to get paid the insurance amount if things were to go wrong.

Fedex india is shutting down domestic operations on dec 5,all fedex domestic are going to be handled by delhivery. IMO bluedart is the next best option they have their own airplane fleet aswell and lot of distiris ship consignments of laptops with blue dart even lot of corporates do. My office used bluedart aswell to send laptops to employees in lockdown.

Thank you all for your valuable suggestions.

I am thinking of waiting for some friend to travel, else would be going with Bluedart.

Fedex india is shutting down domestic operations on dec 5,all fedex domestic are going to be handled by delhivery.
This is sad news for me. I live in a state capital but in a remote region. FedEx has been one of the best couriers for my region while Delhivery is by far THE worst courier imaginable. I'm not judging these two couriers from one or two incidents but from dozens of personal experience.

This is sad news for me. I live in a state capital but in a remote region. FedEx has been one of the best couriers for my region while Delhivery is by far THE worst courier imaginable. I'm not judging these two couriers from one or two incidents but from dozens of personal experience.
i was sad too hearing this, fedex's service quality,tracking and the centralized system for everything was great.Shipping with fedex was so easy especially pickups so organized and done very professionally unlike bluedart and delhivery.

Yes i can relate. Fedex is a no hassles service. Dehlivery has no customer care number. You have to leave messages for them on their website.

Had a parcel get stuck in bangalore for a week and had to get the seller to wake them up. It spent more time in Bangalore than to arrive from Delhi !!!

They used to be fine but of late went bad.

Likely to do with funding. They had lots of Chinese capital which has since been removed and needs to be replaced. I think it will come with time. The startups space is attracting a lot of FDI these days.

Not exactly shutting down, they will be collaborating.

“India is a strategic priority for FedEx. This strategic alliance will support our long-term vision to grow our India business and serve customers seeking to expand in or enter the Indian market, as well as provide opportunities to develop product and technology solutions together with Delhivery for the benefit of our customers” said Raj Subramaniam, President and Chief Operating Officer of FedEx Corp.

As part of the collaboration, FedEx will make a US$100 million equity investment in Delhivery, and the companies will enter into a long-term commercial agreement. FedEx Express will focus on international export and import services to and from India, and Delhivery will, in addition to FedEx, sell FedEx Express international products and services in the India market and provide pick-up and delivery services across India. FedEx will transfer certain assets pertaining to its domestic business in India to Delhivery.

Additionally, Don Colleran, President and CEO of FedEx Express will be nominated to join the Delhivery Board of Directors as a further sign of collaboration between the two companies.

This transaction combines the FedEx global network with Delhivery’s extensive pan-India network and technology solutions to bring the best of both worlds together. The investment and the commercial agreement between the two companies deepens the FedEx commitment to the India market, and signals a significant step in providing innovative services and solutions that aim to improve speed, efficiency, and access for FedEx and Delhivery customers.

Last edited:
Yes i can relate. Fedex is a no hassles service. Dehlivery has no customer care number. You have to leave messages for them on their website.

Had a parcel get stuck in bangalore for a week and had to get the seller to wake them up. It spent more time in Bangalore than to arrive from Delhi !!!

They used to be fine but of late went bad.

Likely to do with funding. They had lots of Chinese capital which has since been removed and needs to be replaced. I think it will come with time. The startups space is attracting a lot of FDI these days.

Not exactly shutting down, they will be collaborating.
collaborating with delhivery,will take a long time for customers to build back trust with delhivery.This is a good thing for delhivery better than a ipo imo. Fedex can put some things in the heads the upper management hopefully.

I have lately noticed with a lot of indian startups and new corps they are switching from phone to chat support. No wonder indians dont trust indian businesses, indian business try to be as consumer unfriendly as possible unlike american and european businesses where customer is king.

I don't always get a choice which courier is used when i buy something. That is up to the seller and Delhivery's prices are quite low so they have got traction. And it shows.

When it comes to customer service this leaving messages was common abroad its only recently started here.

But my issue with Dehlivery is neither me who buys something or even the seller can contact them through the phone. The seller is their customer. If they don't check whether the parcel got delivered and follow up then it gets stuck.

Messaging is quick if some one on the other end responds.

Apparently millenials prefer to message rather than to talk on the phone. So this mode of communication is here to stay.

I don't always get a choice which courier is used when i buy something. That is up to the seller and Delhivery's prices are quite low so they have got traction. And it shows.

When it comes to customer service this leaving messages was common abroad its only recently started here.

But my issue with Dehlivery is neither me who buys something or even the seller can contact them through the phone. The seller is their customer. If they don't check whether the parcel got delivered and follow up then it gets stuck.

Messaging is quick if some one on the other end responds.

Apparently millenials prefer to message rather than to talk on the phone. So this mode of communication is here to stay.
but there is no guarentee the other end will respond in time, if something is urgent you have to wait with phone support you resolve situation much more thoroughly. example i had to send medicines to someone abroad on call i was told the standard subsizded rate whereas on chat and on email and rate calculator tool i was told 4x that amount and all the wrong info about it so.

These millenial's are ruining everything,first they ruined music then dating then social media and now everything else.

Last edited:
If something is urgent i would go with blue dart and pay the asking price. I don't have the confidence with delhivery.

There is one courier I would avoid called 'Professional Couriers'. I got a parcel from them. It arrived but never got delivered. I had to go to the office to pick it up.

No call. Nothing. Tracking showed it arrived at their office and it stayed there for a few days. The office was close by so i could get it. This has to be the worst courier service i've experienced. Bet they have the cheapest rates in the country. Went there blew up the person in the office. He said he had staff issues (!)

The post office can do better and they do. Speed post arrives on time.

Last edited:
If something is urgent i would go with blue dart and pay the asking price. I don't have the confidence with delhivery.

There is one courier I would avoid called 'Professional Couriers'. I got a parcel from them. It arrived but never got delivered. I had to go to the office to pick it up.

No call. Nothing. Tracking showed it arrived at their office and it stayed there for a few days. The office was close by so i could get it. This has to be the worst courier service i've experienced. Bet they have the cheapest rates in the country. Went there blew up the person in the office. He said he had staff issues (!)

The post office can do better and they do. Speed post arrives on time.
Professional couriers and then there is a courier service called orient or overnight something express amd had shipped me a replacement part from their office and the time these people took for delivery was crazy. It lay in their office for 10 days at delivery location saying they only delivery door to door only every 15 days. Bluedart on the otherhand is superb even western digital uses bluedart for reverse pickup for rma for their hdd's. I remember i had a event in college and someone had to ship some certifcates, paid 450 for a small packet put it in at 8:30 in the night from a small town in Uttar pradesh next day morning before 12 it was on my door step in Mumbai.

Back