Need to keep using my number when abroad, what’s the cheapest / efficient option?

kvn95ss

Adept
I’ll be moving to Sweden on September. I’m currently using Jio, usually I put the yearly plan so I don’t have the hassle of recharging often.

I was wondering what’s the best way to keep my number active, like receive / send sms, use minimal internet, etc. Jio has IR plan but the rates are insane, 5k per month essentially.

I don’t mind switching carriers as I’m still in India, what are my alternatives?

I’ll be moving to Sweden on September. I’m currently using Jio, usually I put the yearly plan so I don’t have the hassle of recharging often.

I was wondering what’s the best way to keep my number active, like receive / send sms, use minimal internet, etc. Jio has IR plan but the rates are insane, 5k per month essentially.

I don’t mind switching carriers as I’m still in India, what are my alternatives?
What about BSNL IR plans?

Ive never done this long term but Vi has a monthly 149 Rs international roaming on post paid plans. Incoming messages are free and I assume thats enough to keep the number active.
Maybe its same for other carriers as well. So a basic post paid plan plus this wouldnt go beyond at max Rs 1000 monthly.

Not endorsing this specifically but it turns up at the top of Google search results. Pretty affordable and you can activate the eSIM ahead of time, so peace of mind in terms of having a network in a new country on landing.

Any local plan is enough to keep the SIM active for receiving SMS messages.

Back