PC Peripherals Need urgent help, PSU keep blowing up

ibz

Disciple
Hi
I have this weird problem, so some inputs are appreciated.

I have an APC BR1000IN UPS and since the past 2 days, as soon as I switched my pc on it was going in overload protection mode, i.e long beep and was cutting the output power.

since yesterday, as soon as I try and switch the pc on, the ups is going in overload protection and MCP of my room tripping.

At first i thought it was a psu issue or something and removed all the cables of the psu that are connected to the motherboard and the rest of the components, even so, the UPS was giving the overload beep, so i connected another psu, just the psu and nothing else and didnt even hardwire the psu to boot as u do by crossing the green cable with ground, still the UPS would give overload beep, thought it was a UPS problem and connected the psu directly and bam, blown psu and tripped MCP.

now I only have 1 psu to test and ive tried 3 different power cables to connect to the ups but still the outcome is same, the ups is turning on fine otherwise.

I have tried the same by removing the input of the UPS from the wall socket to just run it off battery but to no avail

am absolutely clueless as to wth is happening, any inputs are greatly appreciated, thanks.

okey....that is scary...can you check your main cables in the room? seems like an power surge to me...also..which psu?

yeah check the plug in your room, see if the earthing and all is fine. Connect UPS to a different room and see if the problem persists.

Have the same model BR1000IN and have seen the same symptoms many times....Call APC for replacement your UPS is a goner ....hope yours is still under warranty:(.

well thing is without the psu connected to it, the ups works fine, otherwise ive had this ups replaced many times as it wudnt turn on at all but this is weird and different

also psu is cm600w which was kept as a spare, which blew and a corsair 850w which was used at the time of the issue, i really dont wanna connect the corsair directly to the mains as if that blows then it'll be big hole in the pocket

also psu was not connected to anything, not even motherboard, it just blew on its own while other appliances run fine on the same socket :|

ibz said:
well thing is without the psu connected to it, the ups works fine
By that, do you mean the UPS works fine, without any device connected to it? As in, simply switched on? (No warning tones or lights)

If you're able to connect other devices to the UPS and everything works just fine, it could mean that your computer is consuming more power than the UPS can support. Also, possible conflicts b/w your UPS and PSU.

Should that not be the case, it could be a problem with the UPS itself. So you will need to get it checked by APC.

Back