needa laptop for 30-35k

ehy everyone
my uncle wanna buy a laptop for not more then 35k
any suggestions? saw tracer`s topic couldnt figure out anything there so startign a new topic.

it would be used for office work and listenign to music sometimes. .. no gaming.
he`s into corel draw and just needs its to work on the laptop ..
so pls temme. laos if possible abt shops/showrooms from where we can purchase em

ok thank you

This is what u can expect for less than 35k

1) Celeron M 1.5GHz or so proccie
2) 256MB Ram
3) 40GB hdd
4) 15" TFT screen
5) Combo Drive
6) The usual blah here....

Raghu.

SPECIFICATIONS
Operating system
Linux
Platform
Mobile AMD Sempronâ„¢ processor 3000+ (1.8GHz) with 128 KB of L2 cache, AMD PowerNow!â„¢ technology, and AMD HyperTransportâ„¢ technology support

Chipset: SiSM760GX

WLAN: integrated 802.11b/g Wi-Fi CERTIFIEDâ„¢ solution, supporting Acer SignalUp technology
Memory
256 MB of DDR333 memory, upgradeable to 2 GB using two soDIMM modules
Display
15.4" WXGA Acer CrystalBrite color TFT LCD, 1280 x 800 pixel resolution, supporting simultaneous multi-window viewing

16.7 million colors
Storage
60 GB ATA/100 hard disk drive
Optical media drive
8X DVD-Dual double-layer drive
Disk performance compatibility:

8X DVD-Dual double-layer drive
Read: 24X CD-ROM, 8X DVD-ROM, 8X DVD-R, 4X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+R, 4X DVD+RW, 2.4X DL DVD+R
Write: 24X CD-R, 10X CD-RW, 8X DVD-R, 4X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+R, 4X DVD+RW, 2.4X DL DVD+R
link to page

Where to buy page

Available for 30K

i can change the linux to windows myself right?? or would i need some technician from acer to change it?

whaat abt amd turion??? too costly?

pretty good system nevertheless.. thanks man :)

chic_magnet said:
my uncle inquired and he was quoted 43k for the lappy .. pretty much oout of reach..
any other laptops???

Thats not possible. maybe he enquired for AcerTM4061.
The above one is acer3003, for 30K or so.

yes you can change the linux to windows.

Is that the mobile Sempron?? Otherwise it consumes too much power and might have issues. I personally find the Celeron M better for budget and the Turion for processing power/high end.

Raghu.

^^ IMHO The P-M is better in terms of processing power per clock cycle and power utilization over the Turion, but the Turion takes the lead in terms of future readiness (read 64-bit capabiltiies)

The Acer Aspire 3003 simply rocks for a budget user just a change of the operating system & a ram upgrade to 512MB or 1GB will be required IMHO.

You could take a look at this...the V2000 series is one of the most popular series currently, and it offers a good bang for the buck

Keep in mind that the price quoted excludes Taxes, but the distris (at least in chennai, ritchie street) usually give nice discounts (close to 10% ) so even after taxes, the prices stays below 35K....

This is basically the same lappy that Goldenfrag bought, but with a celeron M proc/chipset instead of a Turion proc/chipset

Compaq Presario V2374AP(EL066PA)

FreeDOS; Intel® Celeron® M Processor 360 (#) (1.4GHz, 1MB L2 cache, 400MHz FSB); 14" colour TFT WXGA (1280 x 768 resolution) BrightView; 256MB (1 x 256MB) DDR SDRAM (333MHz); 40GB (4200 rpm); DVD/CD-RW combo; Integrated Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 900 (with up to 64MB shared video memory) From Rs.34,990

superczar said:
You could take a look at this...the V2000 series is one of the most popular series currently, and it offers a good bang for the buck

Keep in mind that the price quoted excludes Taxes, but the distris (at least in chennai, ritchie street) usually give nice discounts (close to 10% ) so even after taxes, the prices stays below 35K....

This is basically the same lappy that Goldenfrag bought, but with a celeron M proc/chipset instead of a Turion proc/chipset

Compaq Presario V2374AP(EL066PA)
FreeDOS; Intel® Celeron® M Processor 360 (#) (1.4GHz, 1MB L2 cache, 400MHz FSB); 14" colour TFT WXGA (1280 x 768 resolution) BrightView; 256MB (1 x 256MB) DDR SDRAM (333MHz); 40GB (4200 rpm); DVD/CD-RW combo; Integrated Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 900 (with up to 64MB shared video memory) From Rs.34,990

Acer Aspire 3003 has DVD Writer and Compaq Presario V2374AP does not have one.

Acer Rocks.

Take a look at Wipro's Price List that i got from a friend. Wipro has a 6 hour service attend time :D Thats why i recommend them to everyone who asks for my opinion. I have personally seen them keep the time when your laptop needs fixing. PM me for details. Prices include VAT and everything else you have to pay.

http://ps2002.siteburg.com/shop/lappy.html

Raghu.

Acer 3003 doesnt cost 30k, it comes for a price tag of 37k in Mumbai

Acer rocks stuff doesnt hold much anymore. all the nicely priced laptops had been discontinued like the 4150, 4601, 3002. Even if you want to buy a P-M laptop from Acer it would set you back by 45k that too powered by a 4 celled battery :|

Acer 3003 is good enough but DVD writer doesnt matter much to common ppl. everything in it is so powerhungry that even with a 8 celled battery, the laptop would run for 2 hrs max without power, that means a 1hr after 6months or so. But nonetheless 3003 is better than the counterparts except for the battery life and some added specs. Nice choice still considering the VFM

thanks raghu.. will inquire abt wipro tooo

what abt sahara?? saw in the papers a few days ago abt reallly cheap laptops.

and what abt zenith?? are they any good?

Just checked the links which Raghu gave, both the Wipro ivalue laptop which are in the budget of 30-40k use via chipset. As a result the price is not justified. So they just have the intel Celeron M and Pentium M processors on Via chipset and as a result they cannot be termed as based on Centrino Technology. If you wanna stick to Wipro, check the battery backup primarily. Moreover Wipro is a new entrant in the notebook arena, so better go for Celeron M based laptops from Acer/Compaq or even Lenovo since their basic celeron M model costs precisely 34.5k without tax.

Back