Needs 2 phones: Nexus S & Nokia 2700 or C2-01: Please advice

mail2abhi81

Disciple
Folks,
great to be a part of this vibrant community. I have been contemplating getting a Nexus for a while now, and the recent price cuts have given me the pinch more. For the price point, I cant deny its a very good deal. But a few things are bothering me, as below, and would be helpful if existing users could clarify:

1. Am a trance buff. post, 2.3.4 firmware update do you get equaliser with the audio player? how is the overall sound quality?

2. As reported in some other threads, do you experience any screen freeze, sudden restarts with the device?

3. Any other thing, which would HOLD ME BACK from buying this awesome device?

Mind you, i cant exceed this budget (20k) hence plz dont suggest SGS or HTC DS.

Also, if its not too much to ask to ask, I want to buy a basic Nokia phone for my Father. Any inputs on C2-01 (not the dual SIM one) and 2700? which one would you suggest? is the key pad hard to press like its cousin 2730?

Thanks a lot in advance! TE rocks!!

Chintu

Will talk about c2 01. The keypad is very tactile and much better then nokia 2730 classic that had rubbish keyboard. Also the phone feels much snappier. Maybe they upgraded the processing or the s40 os. If you have any other questions you can ask as my friend is using the phone presently?.

<edited out>

C2-01 is a nice phone. 2700 as aka911 said is not so comfortable for SMSing.

And if you want to buy a phone for music, forget it. I own a nokia XpressMusic phone and am a serious music buff. Problem is this drains out battery really fast. It'll drive you mad. I listen to music 4.5hrs/day while traveling and that alone is enough to drain my Nokia 5130 XpressMusic if I also do stuff like SMS and browse the web through GPRS. This is supposed to be a rather power-efficient nokia phone. All androids DRINK battery. The last thing you want is to end up lost somewhere on the way to some place and find that your battery is drained due to all the music you played on the way (I once emptied my battery half way through my journey thanks to google maps + music).

If you can pay Rs. 20000 for a phone, consider spending additional Rs. 2500 on a dedicated music player like a Sandisk Sansa Clip+. It supports memory card too, so you can share card with your phone. And use phone's music player for watching videos and such. This or buy an extra battery or two for the phone. Music players have the advantage that they have battery lives in the order of 10-15 hours of continuous music playback, and this should never die on you in less than a day. And if at all music player's battery runs out, you won't be left unable to make calls.

Anyway, ontopic: For trance I think apart from EQ you also need stuff like stereo widener and virtual surround sound effects ? I remember seeing some plugins for the same on VLC. Infected Mushroom sounded great :D

Back