CPU/Mobo Nehalem comes... IN SEPTEMBER!!!

hatter

Skilled
According to DigiTimes, Intel has decided to bring forward the launch of its next-gen Nehalem processors to some time in September. The chip giant's previous roadmap reportedly called for a launch in November or December.

Quoting its usual sources at motherboard makers, DigiTimes goes on to say the September time frame will see Intel announce Bloomfield chips with accompanying X58 chipsets. However, the sources add that actual processors and motherboards won't appear in the distribution channel until "early October."

Going by a previous DigiTimes report, Intel is readying three Bloomfield CPUs: a 2.66GHz part priced at $284, a speedier 2.93GHz model costing $562, and a high-end 3.2GHz "Extreme" chip with a $999 price tag. When Anand Lal Shimpi from Anandtech posted preliminary benchmarks of the 2.66GHz Bloomfield, we worked out that the chip was about 33.5% faster clock-for-clock than a 2.66GHz Core 2 Quad Q9450—and that's in spite of problems with the early chip's memory controller.

AMD seems to be doomed.

Just when it seems that they are again pulling out themselves from Phenom debacle with Deneb showing some impressive clock speeds (still no where near Penryns), SB750 chip making some waves and 45nm bringing down power draw, Intel dropped this bomb.

Indications are that Deneb will be competitive against Penryns but if Intel launches Nehalems in September and brings down the prices of Penryns, AMD stands no chance.

Intel pulling the Nehalem launch to September? - The Tech Report

oh boy !!!.. my next purchase.. what about the motherboards.. is it only X58 thats going to support the nehalems or any other chipsets ?

backtoexistence said:
oh boy !!!.. my next purchase.. what about the motherboards.. is it only X58 thats going to support the nehalems or any other chipsets ?

yes, complete different socket - 1366

sheesh, AMD is finding it hard to catch a break!

I still think it would be a paper launch, and availability would be scare upto Q1 '09 , the peneryn price cut may happen though and that is bad news for AMD :(

WingZero said:
i think AMD too has smethin under der sleeves.....wt they doin with phenoms.....:-S

Can't be sure with AMD any more.:no: :huh: The buggers were sitting on the 2xxx series and the Phenoms forever and still brought not so good stuff. Then they got 4870 out.:clap:

Well now m confused????Should i upgrade now ??Or should i wait for 1-2months n get a Daneb or cheaper Penryn...gng for E7200 or X2 5200+ right now...in 10days time...

vNerd said:
Can't be sure with AMD any more.:no: :huh: The buggers were sitting on the 2xxx series and the Phenoms forever and still brought not so good stuff. Then they got 4870 out.:clap:

Yepp... Off late AMD has been slow & not so vocal about their future products... kind of secrecy.... After the Phenom debacle they are quite before releasing anything new & then BANG (48xx)... So hopefully under new management they may come up with something competitive if not better...

FUSION is also due & there is hardly any news about it... ;)

nehalem is sounding awesome on paper. though there were initial tape out problems, its all looking good. quite a few australian people i was talking to had board samples coming to them from msi/gigabyte along with a chip.

its is probably gonna be a 42 week launch

b00gieMan said:
Lets have something like Green(AMD) Vs. Blue(Intel) :p... somewhat like funky has on ATI Vs. Nvidia :D

That would be totally 1 way result at the moment :p

I do have AMD's mighty Phenom 9750 with me at the moment :p want the comparison? :p

Back