neuros II > iPod

freegum

Disciple
yeah sure iPod is kinda cool if you didn't know any better. If you bought an iPod you're going to kick yourself after you see the Neuros II

http://www.neurosaudio.com/

256 meg version all the way up to 80gig harddrive version. Soon with firmware to play FLAC! No restictive crapware (iTunes) to install. You needn't install their management software; there are alternatives on http://sourceforge.net

The iPod price really ticked me off. It's too expensive. I'll check this one out, I'm basically looking for something that can hold 40GB of music.

The Neuros 2 has got very very bad reviews of late.
The Rio Carbon 5 GB for $200 or the Rio Karma 20GB for $190, maybe better options.Ipod 20 GB costs around 15-16k i guess.

The Quality in my Tiny lil Sony psyc is 10 times better than in the iPod.
Period. iPod is just a status symbol. Nothing else.

ipod sound quality is better than the Sony's but worse than the iriver....

I have used and owned all three.... The iriver is the best among the lot. I used an iriver ifp 790T. The sound quality is mind blowing. The ipod has tons of SUPERB features but if it sound quality you are after, you are better off with an iriver.

But they are comparatively expensive. I am not referring to Indian prices whcih are bloated.

In bangkok, the ipod photo 20 gig costs 14.5K and the iriver 5 GB colour screen(using which you can view photos) costs 11K. And an iriver with a 20 gb space costs like 19K.

So, you see in a way, the ipod makes more sense. And it is just a matter of time before you get used to the slightly lesser sound quality of the ipod....

But the features and ease of use of the ipod is unbeatable. It rocks just looking at the features and not to mention the fashion statment you make with an ipod.

Overall, I would choose an ipod after using it for 2 days. I have handled even the iriver hard disk players but they are not as simple to use as the ipod.... but I reiterate..... the sound quality of the iriver is better. but not by too much.

As Chaos told me... each mp3 player has a different aural signatrue and you will get used to each one after sometime. Standard human psychology... :bleh:

i do agree..

apple is simply using its brandvalue ...

bt i heard that the prices have been slashed.. (in shuffle though)

and hv introduced a new version of the ipod nano ..

both announcement useless actually...

i see no point in carrying 500 songs at the least in a shuffle and dat too w/o a LCD .. by the time u reach ur fav song no 287 , u dnt hv the mood for it..

secondly..

ipod nano is already 4 GB max..

who wd want less than that .... i mean a new ipod nano wid space like 3 GB ..

Apple guys need to do some serious mkt survey ..

Back